2019 BRITISH SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Tuesday, April 16th – Sunday, April 21st
- Tollcross International Swimming Centre, Glasgow, Scotland
- Live Results
Delving into the results a little more in the aftermath of the 2019 British Championships, below are the gentlemen from the competition who made an impact in the top 15 placements among the season’s world rankings in their respective events.
All told after the 6-day affair in Glasgow, 19 swimmers inserted themselves into the top 15 performers of the season, led by Brits Duncan Scott and James Wilby, who each entered 3 world-class times into the season’s best list.
Adam Peaty accounted for a new world #1 in the men’s 100m breast in his mighty 57.87, while the aforementioned Scott also claimed a #1 throne in the 200m IM with his powerful 1:56.65 performance. Next in line was Ben Proud who delivered the season’s 2nd fastest 50m free performance of 21.50, while Max Litchfield‘s 4:10.94 positions him as the 2nd fastest swimmer in the 400m IM even in the world this season.
Additional top 5 swimmers include Luke Greenbank, the aforementioned Wilby, and Daniel Jervis.
- 50m Fly – #6 Ben Proud (23.25)
- 200m Breast – #4 James Wilby (2:07.49); #5 Ross Murdoch (2:07.96)
- 50m Free – #2 Ben Proud, (21.50)
- 100m Free – #4 Duncan Scott, (47.87)
- 200m IM – #1 Duncan Scott (1:56.65)
- 400m IM – #2 Max Litchfield (4:10.94)