2018 WOMEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 14th – Saturday, March 17th
- McCorkle Aquatic Pavillion — Columbus, OH
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Stanford (results)
- Live stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPNU
- Championship Central
- Event-by-Event Previews
- Psych Sheet
- Live Results
The Stanford team of Janet Hu, Simone Manuel, Lauren Pitzer, and Ally Howe set a new American record in prelims of the women’s 200 free relay Thursday morning.
Though they were just off Cal’s NCAA record time from 2017, they bested Cal’s American record from last month, going 1:25.68. Hu led off in 21.74, followed by Manuel in 21.42, Pitzer in 21.45, and Howe in 21.07.
The team will have a chance to break the NCAA record in finals tonight.
|Team||1st 50 Split||2nd 50 Split||3rd 50 Split||4th 50 Split||Final Time|
|Stanford (American Record, 2018)||Janet Hu-21.74||Simone Manuel-21.42||Lauren Pitzer-21.45||Ally Howe-21.07||1:25.68|
|Cal (NCAA Record, 2017)||Abbey Weitzeil– 21.59||Maddie Murphy– 21.83||Amy Bilquist– 21.26||Farida Osman– 20.91||1:25.59|
|Cal (American Record, 2018)||Maddie Murphy– 21.96||Amy Bilquist– 21.24||Katie McLaughlin– 21.67||Abbey Weitzeil– 21.00||1:25.87|