2017 Ivy League Women’s Swimming & Diving Championships
- Wednesday, February 15 – Saturday, February 18
- Katherine Moran Coleman Aquatics Center, Providence, RI (Eastern Standard Time)
- Prelims 11AM / Finals 6PM
- Championship Central
- Psych Sheet
- Live Results
- List of Events
- Live on Ivy League Digital Network (Subscription Only)
1000 Yard Freestyle
- Meet Record: M 9:33.43 2008 Alice Aemisegger, Princeton
- Pool Record: P 9:43.53 2014 Sherry Liu, Harvard
It was a night of repeat performances. Yale’s Cailley Silbert opened the festivities with her second consecutive conference title in the 1000 free. This year she was a half-second faster than in 2016, winning with 9:44.17, lowering her own school record. Penn freshman Grace Ferry placed second with 9:47.77, while Harvard senior Willa Wang came in third in 9:50.09. Cornell’s Currie Murch Elliot lowered her own school record, finishing 13th with 10:00.53.
400 Yard Individual Medley
- Meet Record: M 4:06.15 2009 Alice Aemisegger, Princeton
- Pool Record: P 4:15.17 2014 Emma Smith, Yale
Harvard sophomore Sonia Wang was also a back-to-back Ivy champion, winning her second 400 IM with a pool-record 4:14.21. Yale’s Destiny Nelson placed second (4:15.23), just ahead of Ellie Grimes of Penn, who lowered her own school record by 2/100 with 4:16.14. Murch Elliot of Cornell broke her second school record of the day with her prelims time of 4:17.58. Brown freshman Zoe Phillips also downed her school’s record, finishing fifth in 4:17.98.
100 Yard Butterfly
- Meet Record: M 51.57 2013 Alex Forrester, Yale
- Pool Record: P 52.19 2012 Alex Forrester, Yale
Harvard’s Brittany Usinger, who broke the school record in prelims, won the 100 fly in 52.92, .12 off her morning swim. Usinger edged defending champion Maddy Zimmerman of Yale (52.94), who was followed in quick succession by teammates Heidi VanderWel (53.80) and Lili Margitai (53.82). A pair of Tigers came to the wall just behind the Bulldogs: 2016 runner-up Isabel Reis (53.96) and her Princeton classmate Joanna Curry (54.01).
200 Yard Freestyle
- Meet Record: M 1:45.23 2017 Miki Dahlke, Harvard
- Pool Record: P 1:45.69 2014 Shelby Fortin, Penn
Thursday’s 500 free champion Virginia Burns of Penn took down the pool record with her winning swim of 1:45.51. Burns came from behind to out-touch Harvard’s Miki Dahlke (1:45.54) over the last 25 yards. Burns also passed Yale senior Kina Zhou over the final 50; Zhou finished third with 1:46.86.
100 Yard Breaststroke
- Meet Record: M 58.44 2013 Katie Meili, Columbia
- Pool Record: P 1:00.88 2017 Cha O’Leary, Yale
Yale freshman Cha O’Leary broke both her school record and the Brown pool record in prelims but couldn’t lower the mark in finals. Still, she won by 7/10 with 1:00.94 ahead of 2016 runner-up Meagan Popp of Harvard (1:01.67) and her teammate Geordie Enoch (1:01.99).
100 Yard Backstroke
- Meet Record: M 52.77 2014 Danielle Lee, Harvard
- Pool Record: P 52.77 2014 Danielle Lee, Harvard
Yale junior VanderWel claimed victory in the 100 back with 52.79 over teammate Bella Hindley (53.34). A quartet from the Crimson finished third through sixth: Marissa Cominelli (54.11), Kristina Li (54.17), Mei Lynn Colby (54.20), and Usinger (54.29). Brown freshman Sarah Welch, who finished eighth, had broken a school record in prelims with 55.11.
400 Yard Medley Relay
- Meet Record: M 3:36.87 2013 Columbia
- Pool Record: P 3:38.33 2014 Princeton
The Bulldogs destroyed the championship record, the pool record, and the Yale school record with 3:35.95 from VanderWel (53.38), O’Leary (1:00.99), Maddy Zimmerman (52.50), and Zhou (49.08). Harvard (Colby, Popp, Dahlke, and Jerrica Li) touched second with 3:38.97. Princeton (Christie Chong, Olivia Chan, Reis, and Madelyn Veith) took third in 3:40.50.
Standings after Day Three:
- Yale University 1103
- Harvard University 1035.5
- Princeton University 662
- University of Pennsylvania 655
- Brown University 597
- Columbia University 487.5
- Cornell University 441
- Dartmouth College 250