2018 AUSTRALIAN SHORT COURSE CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Thursday, October 25th – Saturday, October 27th
- Melbourne Sports & Aquatic Centre
- Heats at 10am local (9:30am Sat.)/Finals at 6:30pm local (4:30pm Sat.)
- Qualifying meet for 2018 Short Course World Championships squad
- Aussie SC World C’ships Selection Criteria
- SwimSwam Meet Preview
- Entry List
- Day 1 Prelims Recap/Day 1 Finals Recap
- Day 2 Prelims Recap/Day 2 Finals Recap
- Live Results
- Live Stream
Australia’s Emily Seebohm has been on the national team since she was 14 years of age, so the veteran racer knows what’s needed to get the job done and qualify for this year’s Short Course World Championships. So far the 26-year-old Olympic medalist has concocted the right formula, having already nabbed gold here in Melbourne across the women’s 200m back (2:02.72), 100m IM (59.30) and 100m back (56.33) races, all under qualifying times for Hangzhou without batting an eye.
That doesn’t mean she’s oblivious to the competition however, as one female in particular resides in her own backyard. Teammate at Brisbane Grammar under Coach David Lush is teen Minna Atherton, reigning 50m backstroke World Junior Record holder. Atherton is performing well here thus far, finishing behind her mentor Seebohm with the silver in both the 100m and 200m back.
Below, hear how Seebohm sees the dynamic playing out, as she prepares to conquer the 200m IM, 50m back and 50m breast trio tomorrow on the final day of competition.