2021 PRO SWIM SERIES – SAN ANTONIO (MARCH)
- March 3-7, 2021
- North East ISD Blossom Athletic Complex, San Antonio, TX
- LCM Format
- Meet Central
- Psych Sheets
- Live Results
- Session Timelines
- Live Stream (USA Swimming)
- Live Stream (Olympic Channel)
- Start Times (Central Time): Women’s Prelims: 10 AM / Men’s Prelims: 90 minutes after women’s prelims (between 11:30-12:00) / Finals: 7 PM
Reported by Nick Pecoraro.
MEN’S 200 BACKSTROKE FINALS
- World Record: 1:51.92 – Aaron Peirsol (2009)
- American Record: 1:51.92 – Aaron Peirsol (2009)
- U.S. Open Record: 1:53.08 – Aaron Peirsol (2009)
- Junior World Record: 1:55.14 – Kliment Kolesnikov (2017)
- Pro Swim Record: 1:55.04 – Xu Jiayu (2017)
- Ryan Murphy (Cal Aquatics), 1:56.06
- Chris Reid (Wolfpack Elite), 1:59.60
- Anthony Rincon (Veritas), 2:02.37
Winning the 200 back by over three full seconds was Ryan Murphy, touching in at 1:56.06. That now re-writes his top US time this season of 1:56.82 from the January Pro Swim Series in the same pool. Murphy also moves up from 7th to 3rd in the world this season, only behind sub-1:56 swimmers China’s Xu Jiayu and Japan’s Ryosuke Irie.
Winning the B-final was 16-year-old Liam Custer of the Sarasota Sharks, dropping from 2:06.48 this morning to 2:04.89, which would have placed sixth in the A-final.