2021 PRO SWIM SERIES – SAN ANTONIO (MARCH)
- March 3-7, 2021
- North East ISD Blossom Athletic Complex, San Antonio, TX
- LCM Format
- Meet Central
- Psych Sheets
- Live Results
- Session Timelines
- Live Stream (USA Swimming)
- Live Stream (Olympic Channel)
- Start Times (Central Time): Prelims: 10 AM / Finals: 7 PM
Reported by Nick Pecoraro.
MEN’S 200 INDIVIDUAL MEDLEY – FINALS
- World Record: 1:54.00 – Ryan Lochte (2011)
- American Record: 1:54.00 – Ryan Lochte (2011)
- U.S. Open Record: 1:54.56 – Ryan Lochte (2009)
- Jr. World Record: 1:57.06 – Qin Haiyang (2017)
- Pro Swim Series Record: 1:56.32 – Michael Phelps (2012)
- Michael Andrew (Race Pace), 1:58.05
- Abrahm DeVine (Team Elite), 1:59.65
- Andrew Seliskar (Cal Aquatics), 2:00.59
Michael Andrew was out fast in comparison to the rest of the field, opening the first 100 fly/back in a 54.75. Andrew continued to stay ahead with a solid 33.29 breast effort, building a lead no one could catch. Andrew took the top time in the event at 1:58.05, which now takes over as the top time in the nation this season. Andrew’s time also moves up to 8th in the world this 2020-2021 season.
Taking over Andrew Seliskar for second place was Abrahm DeVine, breaking 2 minutes at 1:59.65 to rank 3rd in the nation this season. Sitting in second in the nation is Florida’s Kieran Smith (1:59.38) from January. Seliskar settled for third at 2:00.59, which ranks 6th in the nation.
Winning the B-final was Dynamo’s Raunak Khosla at 2:03.06.