Reported by James Sutherland.
MEN’S 100 FLY SEMI-FINALS
- World Record (WR): 49.82, Michael Phelps, 2009
- World Junior Record (WJ): 50.62, Kristof Milak, 2017
- European Record (ER): 49.95, Milorad Cavic, 2009
- European Junior Record (EJ): 50.62, Kristof Milak, 2017
- Championship Record (CR): 50.86, Laszlo Cseh, 2016
- Laszlo Cseh, HUN, 51.65
- Aleksandr Sadovnikov, RUS, 51.67
- Konrad Czerniak, POL, 51.74
- Kristof Milak, HUN, 51.76
- James Guy, GBR, 51.78
- Egor Kuimov, RUS, 51.95
- Mehdy Metella, FRA, 51.97
- Piero Codia, ITA, 52.02
Laszlo Cseh will advance through to his first final of the competition in the men’s 100 fly after winning the first semi-final in 51.65, a new season-best. Cseh out-touched James Guy at the wall, as the Brit was 2nd in the heat in 51.78.
Aleksandr Sadovnikov led a quick second semi that featured five of the eight qualifiers for finals, as Sadovnikov (51.67) edged Konrad Czerniak (51.74) of Poland and Kristof Milak (51.76) who all jumped past Guy for 2nd, 3rd and 4th overall.