Applications due 02/28/18
Coaches must be at least 18 years of age, must demonstrate proper swimming technique or provide proof of competitive swim experience, and hold the following current certifications: USA-Swimming membership, CPR, First Aid, and AED, or the ability to obtain within 6 months.
Essential Job Functions
- To coach practice in accordance with Turtles Swim Team philosophy
- Reports on deck ready to work 15 minutes prior to the start of practice
- Creates and utilizes a swim practice with direction from the Head/Assistant Coach
- Maintains professional manner at all times
- Prepared to enter water to demonstrate skills
- Communicates with athletes in a manner to which is understood by all athletes under your direction
- Knowledge of all competitive strokes and the ability to get in the water and demonstrate strokes as needed
- Answers questions and responds to concerns from parents and patrons before and after practice. Refers an problems or issues to Assistant or Head Coach
- Ability to assess athletes’ progress and abilities
How to Apply
Please apply at the vhparkdistrict.org website under District Information, Employment Opportunities, and Swim Coach. Attach resume to application.
Coach Rob Wood