Applications due 09/27/17
Filing Deadline: 9/27/2017
Contract Salary: $22,000- $28,000 Commensurate with Experience
The University of California, San Diego is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Swimming and Diving Coach, which is a part-time contract position with core benefits.
UC San Diego, located in La Jolla, in the San Diego Metropolitan area, enrolls over 35,000 students and is one of the University of California’s 10 campuses. UC San Diego has earned recognition as one of the world’s premier research universities and one of the top-10 public universities in the nation. UC San Diego sponsors 23 varsity sports and currently is an NCAA Division II institution, with an expectation of moving to Division I in the near future. Triton Athletics has a proud tradition of academic and athletic excellence. In 2016-17 Triton Athletics won its second straight and seventh overall California Collegiate Athletic Association Commissioner’s Cup and placed fourth in the nation in the Learfield Directors’ Cup.
The Assistant Coach must have a commitment to the philosophy of providing a competitive Swimming and Diving program that emphasizes integrity and the educational welfare of its student-athletes and also strives for athletic excellence. Follow athletic philosophy consistent with that of the UCSD Athletic Department and a commitment to diversity in all of its forms. Assist Head Coach in all of the following: recruiting, organizing and conducting practices, conditioning programs, utilize video tagging software, competitive and fundraising events. Assist with administrative responsibilities, including scheduling, budgets, inventory, coordination of team, professional & recruit travel and team equipment purchases. Prepare statistical analysis and reports. Assist with coordinating contest, event and tournament management, and with recruitment of student-athletes, and basic knowledge of and compliance with all NCAA regulations. The incumbent is responsible for conducting all activities in compliance with NCAA, CCAA and UC San Diego rules and regulations.
Work schedule will be arranged with Head Coach, but often includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
A complete application will include an online resume, and cover letter.
Please apply at:
- Advanced and effective inter-personal, motivational and team leadership skills to work effectively with student-athletes, staff and parents of student-athletes. Good interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility.
- Ability to foster an environment that supports equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Specialized knowledge of the team sport or activity and demonstrated technical expertise in coaching principles.
- Current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the affiliated athletic conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) or National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the campus adheres, and, at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of sound principles and rules governing specified sport. Personal experience with specified sport.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, with ability to follow up and review, to insure that no details are overlooked and that all arrangements have been made.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
How to Apply
Apply here https://jobs.ucsd.edu/bulletin/job.aspx?jobnum_in=89983