Blue Eagle Swimming of Nazareth, PA (BLUE) is seeking passionate, qualified applicants for its full-time Team Director/Head Coach position. Reporting directly to the parent-run Board of Directors, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of training programs for all age group levels and the supervision of BLUE coaches while working towards the achievement of the organization’s goals and mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Developing training plans for all groups with the assistance of the Lead Coaches of each group while adapting training to the needs of each swimmer.
- Coaching and providing input for all training levels on a weekly basis.
- Attending all scheduled meets; in the case of meet conflicts, attends the highest-level competition. At all meets, coach and assist all age group levels.
- Establishing the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught by staff and supervise all staff in the implementation of their duties.
- Fostering a positive team environment that inspires excellence by leading by example.
- Supporting the goals, mission, and philosophy of BLUE.
- Implementing a vision for developing the membership of BLUE swimming
- Effectively communicating and working with other coaches, the Board of Directors, the school district and community pool staff, volunteers, parents and athletes in a positive and professional manner.
- Be a strong advocate for the sport of competitive swimming.
- Connecting our senior swimmers with colleges and universities and assisting families in making their child’s goal of swimming at the post-secondary level a reality.
QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Minimum of ASCA level 3 certification.
- Minimum 5 years of coaching experience.
- Possess substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of competitive swimming and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field through coaching clinics, observations, consultation, etc.
- Experience in bidding for and organizing LSC championship meets.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Hy-Tek Team Manager, Team Unify and OME.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and has personal means of transportation.
- All USA Swimming Coaching Certifications and memberships must be kept current and on file in the SWIMS database and be in good standing in accordance with USA Swimming Rules and Regulations including USA-S Level II Criminal Background Check and USA-S Certificates (Athlete Protection, USA Swimming approved courses in First Aid, CPR, & Safety Training).
- As a condition of hiring, candidate must secure Nazareth Area School District Coaching Background Clearances, which, as a condition of continued employment, must be kept current and in good standing.
COMPENSATION: Competitive Salary Based on Credentials and Experience. Medical, Dental and Vision Plans Offered. Bonus/Commission Opportunities Available to Increase Salary.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter including related coaching experience, swimming experience and three job/character references to [email protected]
Application review will begin on January 26, 2018 with applications continuing to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Adam McGlynn, Search Committee Chair