Stamford American International School, Singapore, is seeking a passionate, committed and forward thinking swim coach. The coach will be part of the Stamford Lions Swim Team and be responsible for leading the Junior Squad and Age Group programmes. He/She will also be involved in coaching at Senior and National Level with an appreciation of scientific coaching principles. The appropriate person should be dynamic and able to adapt to our ever changing and growing swim programme.
- Assist the Aquatics Director with the senior school swimmers
- Lead the Swim Team Junior Squad Programme
- Complete Swim Meet Entries
- Attend and coach at meets in which Swim Team is competing
- Detailed session planning and tracking of athletes
As Part of Team
- Ensure the pool area is safe, secure and presentable at all times
- Responsible for pool monitoring equipment maintenance, storage and pool facility upkeep. (Note – pool water management is subcontracted)
- Maintain necessary administrative log records
- Assist Aquatics Director with Senior/National Squads
- To provide any other reasonable duties delegated by the School Management
- Preferably FINA Level 2 Coach, or ASCA Level 3 or above, or UKCC Level 2 certified (or International equivalent).
- Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant discipline
- Minimum 2 years swim coaching experience
- Certified First Aider
- Computer literate (confident with Hy-Tek Team Manager, Meet Manager and google docs)
- Confident in using social media, responsibly, as a tool to promote learning
- Able to work with children of different age groups
- Able to multi-task and work independently
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Confidently communicate with International School parents and staff. This will include regular public speaking, daily e-mail communication and an understanding of the International School environment.
- Dynamic and Adaptable
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. For more details on the job description, please visit the Stamford website Careers section at www.sais.edu.sg
How to Apply
Please email your CV and SAIS Job Application form to [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]
SAIS Job Application form can be found on https://www.sais.edu.sg/contact-us/careers. Please refer to the link for the full Job Description.
We regret only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Gil Levy and Paul Hodgkinson