SwimMAC is looking to hire a coach who would lead our 11-12 age group (Dolphin Division) and our top 11-12 training group (Dolphin 1) at our north site of the program in the Huntersville area.
Having had coached and success with senior level coaching is preferable with regard to assisting any senior groups and being able to paint the vision forward for the 11-12 division.
Essential Job Tasks:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and SwimMAC policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of SwimMAC.
- Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries and attend assigned swim meets. Substitute for other coaches as needed.
- Recommend group practice assignments.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within SwimMAC and regularly communicate with counterpart group coaches.
- Be comfortable with and show willingness to use video and other technology to assist in teaching and helping swimmers learn skills.
- Must be strong in administration skills, communication, deadlines and project completion.
- Motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with clinics, camps, tryout process, Coach-In-Charge of home/away meets and events, monthly recognition of athletes, coaches’ education opportunities, volunteer for North Carolina Swimming/USA Swimming opportunities, etc. Coaches need to enjoy the grind.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. Education and experience in strength and conditioning development at grade school and high school ages is a plus.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Coaching membership in good standing with USA swimming.
- Experience with Team Unify and Microsoft applications.
- Current ASCA Membership (level 3 or higher is preferred, but not required).
- A college degree (preferred, but not required).
We are looking to hire as soon as possible.
How to Apply
Interested persons should direct their questions, letters of interest, resumes/references, via email, to Coach Terry Fritch at [email protected], Russ Kasl at [email protected] and Sarah Holman at [email protected]