Location: 1895 W Penn St, North Liberty, IA, USA
Do you love working with kids or helping others learn new skills? Do you want hours that can work around your school schedule? Join our fun and passionate team. No swimming or coaching experience necessary! Paid training. Guaranteed hours. Competitive pay. Morning, evening and weekend shifts available.
Diventures, the nation’s fastest growing swim and scuba center with locations across four states, is seeking a Swim Teacher. In this role, you’ll be teaching kids to be safe and confident swimmers for a lifetime of fun! Extensive training is provided. If you love swimming and are excited about introducing little ones to the joys of swimming, this is the right job for you!
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Your primary areas of action include:
- Teach a variety of levels and ages swimming and safety skills. You must love working with children of all ages in teaching them water skills they will benefit from for the rest of their lives. You may also teach adults on occasion.
- Be consistent and reliable to your swimming students. It’s vital that your students can trust in you so that you can build relationships. That trust starts with starting classes on time and ensuring the swim class schedule is executed consistently.
- Provide a safe swimming environment. At Diventures, safety is the highest priority. You’ll be expected to follow all safety initiatives and requirements.
- Ensure customer satisfaction. You’ll have plenty of direct contact with parents and their children, so great people skills are a must.
- Keep your pool in order. Instructors also help in cleaning, maintenance, and general upkeep of the swim facility.
Key Personality Attributes
You must love swimming, be positive and energetic, and enjoy working with children and teens. You’ll also need great people skills overall since you’ll also have plenty of interaction with parents. Ideal applicants would also have:
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility of scheduling
- A desire to be part of a fun and energetic team
- A willingness to learn or to develop as a professional
Skills & Experiences
- Minimum age is 18.
- First-Aid/CPR/AED and O2 certification is required within 30 days of hire. Classes available at Diventures.
- Swim Teachers will complete a paid training program and a paid teaching apprenticeship.
- Previous experience as a lifeguard, swim teacher or working with children is preferred but not required.
How to Apply
Please visit www.diventures.com/careers to apply. There you will be able to see all open positions at all of our locations. Click on the position you would like to apply for and then click the Apply for this Position button.