Location: 1207 Park Avenue West, Highland Park, IL, USA
Summary: Under the direction of the Aquatics Supervisor, the Swim School Coordinator is responsible for the operations of the indoor pool swim lessons program, including summer camp swim lessons and Swim ’n Gym after camp program. Supervisory responsibilities include recruiting, training, and oversight of seasonal and part-time program staff.
Include, but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for designing and overseeing a comprehensive swim school program and after camp program.
- Train, schedule, and assign duties to swim instructors.
- Provide swimming instruction.
- Maintain appropriate standard of safety for swim school program, after camp program, staff, and facility.
- Maintain and/or obtain appropriate certifications and CEU’s for self and staff.
- Responsible for overall indoor pool operations during swim lessons and after camp programs, including cleaning of pool deck, placing and removing lane lines, and organizing pool equipment.
- Assist with marketing for swim school and after camp programs.
- Evaluate and assess programs related to swim school and after camp programs.
- Conduct in-service and regular trainings for swim school instructors.
- Assist with hiring, training, and evaluation swim instructors.
- Maintain attendance, inventory, and program records for swim school and after camp programs.
- Assist the creation of the pool and aquatic staff schedule as it relates to swim school and after camp programs.
- Responsible for swim school and after camp program customer service, registration assistance, and customer inquiries.
- Perform all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the District’s safety program.
- Assist in the set up and organization of the pool office.
- Coordinates with other members of the Recreation Center staff to provide special programming on special occasions.
- Follow and maintain a budget for the swim school and after camp programs with the Aquatics Supervisor.
- Work with the Aquatics team in a professional and constructive manner in the coordination and operation of the Recreation Center swimming pool.
- Other Park District-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required; degree or coursework with an emphasis in Recreation or Aquatics from an accredited college preferred. At least two years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Related professional certification preferred.
American Red Cross CPR/AED certification, Valid driver’s license, American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification, Water Safety Instructor Certification is preferred.
Hiring Range: $18 – $20/hour DOQ
Classification: Part-Time, non-exempt
Schedule: Must be available for evenings and weekends. Hours and schedules may vary depending on seasonal workloads and needs.
Close Date: Open until filled
The Park District of Highland Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
To apply for this part-time position, an online application, cover letter and resume must be submitted via our website (www.pdhp.org). Please do not send cover letters and resume by mail or email.