Location: 72 Spring St, Danvers, MA 01923, USA
EAGLES/EDGE seeks a part-time swim instructor to teach lessons being offered in the John A. Driscoll ’90 Aquatics Center, which is located in the Leo and Joan Mahoney Wellness Center on the school campus.
Responsibilities & Requirements
• Teach effective group swim lessons to children of varying ages and/or adults of all skill levels, following SJP curriculum.
• Demonstrate proper stroke technique.
• Utilize lesson equipment, communicate clearly for multiple types of learners.
• Prepare lesson plans and conduct an organized and engaging class with up to six swimmers.
• Maintain the safety of all individuals in and around the pool. Be able to work with children of all comfort levels.
• Communicate and enforce all regulations and pool rules in a personable and professional manner.
• Set up the pool for lessons.
• Must be available during daytime, weekday hours.
• ARC Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid Certification and WSI preferred but not required. Minimum one year of swim instructor experience preferred.
• Excellent organizational, team, and communication skills.
• Minimum age of 16 years old.
• Physical ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter, résumé, and three professional references (with names, addresses and telephone numbers) to Tracii Schaeublin, Director of Human Resources/Controller, at [email protected].