Applications due 11/15/17
- Ensure all classes are taught with the safety of the participant foremost.
- Follow pool rules at all times, modeling for the participants.
- Instruct swim classes in accordance with Gateway Region YMCA guidelines so that participants progress through skills.
- Develop positive relationships with participants and provide motivational support and guidance.
- Communicate with parents or custodial adult on the progress of the child.
- Perform all duties with caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Begin and end classes on time.
- Complete lesson plans on a weekly or session basis.
- Maintain records of skills, attendance and student progress on skill sheets.
- Complete progress cards for each level and student taught in a timely manner.
- Attend all swim instructor in-services.
- Is absent no more than two times in session for each class instructed.
- Attain YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor within 30 to 60 days.
- Maintain all required certifications current.
Education: Completion of middle school.
Special skills, Licenses, Certifications or Equipment:
Currently certified in YMCA Lifeguard or Red Cross Lifeguard with CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, Oxygen Administration and First Aid. Must crossover to YMCA Lifeguard or attain certifications within 30 days.
How to Apply
326 S 21st Suite 400