If you want to get paid to see people grow in confidence and feel great about it while having fun, we have a job for you! We are currently looking for outgoing, highly energetic, and driven individuals who can motivate others to challenge themselves.
In addition to a rewarding, fast-paced work environment, our team members receive:
- Multiple Branches from Redwood City to South San Jose
- Competitive Pay Range: $10.30 – $12.40 /hour
- Ongoing training
- Opportunities for career development & growth
- Complimentary YMCA membership
- Reduced fees on YMCA programs
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
What a Swim Instructor does: To perform this job successfully a YMCA Swim Instructor must be able to perform these duties:
- Safeguard a group of swimmers and ensure they have a good experience in the water
- Making decisions in your class that help provide a safe and extraordinary experience for members and guests.
- Guide those under your instruction in our expectations for behavior, in a manner consistent with great service.
- Exemplify the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Abide by the YMCA Aquatics Safety Code of Conduct
- Orient your students to the pool area and behavioral expectations.
The following certifications are required. If you are a strong swimmer but do not have these certifications, the YMCA provides training to certify you.
- Minimum 15 years of age with six (6) months or more work experience as a swim instructor. Aquatics background and experience is preferred, but not required.
- Possess the following certifications at time of hire:
- CPR for Professional Rescuer (including AED);
- Oxygen Administration;
- Standard First Aid (or accredited equivalent).
- Possess the following YMCA certifications within 90 days of hire:
- Basic Level Swim Instructor — 16 years of age minimum required
- All YMCA of Silicon Valley mandatory trainings
- Go to www.ymcasv.org/association/html/employment.html.
- Click “Search for Job Openings”.
- In the “What” line, type in the job title Swim Instructor. In the “Where” line type the city if you know it (leaving this line blank will give you all the locations we have posted), then select the Blue arrow.
- You’ll see the details of the job in the right hand column.
- If you want to apply, click the blue “Apply” button and the system will walk you through each step of the process.
How to Apply
1. Go to www.ymcasv.org/association/html/employment.html. 2. Click “Search for Job Openings”. 3. In the “What” line, type in the job title Swim Instructor. In the “Where” line type the city if you know it (leaving this line blank will give you all the locations we have posted), then select the Blue arrow. 4. You’ll see the details of the job in the right hand column. 5. If you want to apply, click the blue “Apply” button and the system will walk you through each step of the process.
80 Saratoga Ave
Santa Clara Ca 95051