The J swim instructor will be responsible for the direct service and implementation of JCC Aquatics Learn to Swim program, private lessons, and any J enrichments program.
– WSI Certified $11-$17/hour based on experience
– Non WSI certified $9-$10.75/hour based on experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in record keeping and progress reports for instructional aquatics classes and enrichment classes.
- Assists with calendar and schedule for personal private lessons
- Assists with insuring that financial arrangements have been completed with participants and instructors before all classes and lessons
- Checks in and redeems private lesson usage on a daily basis by communicating with the Aquatics Director or Aquatics Administrative Assistant
- Answers questions about aquatics classes, lesson and program with current and prospective members
- Assists in communicating with members about upcoming schedules, changes in schedules and any other important aquatics information
- To provide a safe and comfortable environment for all swimmers
- To teach all swimmers safety in and around the water
- To provide quality instruction that improves the skills and development of each student based on the JCC swim program
- Assist with aquatics department in daily cleaning and maintenance of the pool and aquatics facilities
- Enrichment class instruction
- Be an instructor for our summer camp classes and assist in training summer camp aquatic staff
- Works with other agency staff for agency-wide special events programs and other events as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Other assignments as deemed necessary by the Aquatics Director.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Previous experience working with children preferred teaching swim lessons
- American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR, and first aid
- If do not have certification then must become certified in first 60 days
- American Red Cross WSI preferred
- Great customer service skills
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to work a consistent schedule
- A love of children and a desire to teach
How to Apply
Please apply on the career page of our website – www.erjcchouston.org
Or, copy/paste link below: