Applications due 07/11/22
Date posted: June 24, 2022
Location: Woodlands Street 41, Singapore American School, Singapore
Assist with the development and implementation of the recreational, competitive and/or learn to swim program under the direction of the assigned program line manager. Maintain records and manage administration as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist with the planning and implementation of age-appropriate swim programs.
- Coach and assist during EAA seasons, holiday camps, and clinics as directed.
- Assess swimmers in accordance with the Eagle swim program guidelines
- Assist with swim meets as requested
- Assist with projects as assigned
- Maintain attendance records of assigned swimmers
- Follow registration and administration protocols set by the EAA office or as assigned by the program line manager
- Ensure that the program areas, equipment, and supplies are maintained in an orderly and safe manner
- Report any items that may provide a health and safety hazard to staff, students or guests to your line manager.
- Follow policies and procedures relating to child safety and health and safety protocols for all users.
- Complete and commit to implementing all child safeguarding training as required
- Attend, and participate in all professional development and training opportunities as required
- Learn and adhere to EAA and SAS logistics protocols for after-school activities
The above job description is only indicative of the broad set of duties and responsibilities. Distribution of tasks is assigned by the supervisor. Other tasks may be assigned on the job, as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Minimum 5 years’ of competitive and learn-to-swim teaching/coaching experience
- Familiarity and experience with Long Term Athlete Development model.
- Able to read, write, and perform basic math.
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written (including online communication, blogs, and social media awareness).
- ASCA level 2 qualifications
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or equivalent learn-to-swim qualification
- A passion for teaching all levels of swimming
- A positive attitude and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Experience working within an international school setting
- Willingness to take on a wide range of tasks and responsibilities
- Previous leadership training or experience
Required SAS Health, Safety, and Safeguarding Protocols:
- Ensure that program areas, equipment, and supplies are maintained in an orderly and safe manner.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor or the person responsible for those items at your site.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to managing visitors and guests at our facilities.
- Complete all child safeguarding training as required.
The Singapore Ministry of Manpower requires that all work pass holders and their dependent work pass holders aged 18 and above be fully vaccinated, including with a booster, to be eligible for employment in Singapore.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://recruit.hirebridge.com/v3/CareerCenter/v2/details.aspx?cid=6379&jid=589304