Applications due 09/08/18
Location: Danville, CA, USA
The Danville Sea Devils are a non-profit, recreational swim team whose mission is to provide an opportunity for swimmers to develop important skills and compete with other swimmers in the community. We are a part of the Valley Swim Association and our meets are primarily against other VSA teams. Our vision is a swim team that promotes teamwork, pride and excellence through training and competition at all ability levels. We believe that a swimmers’ mark of excellence should be determined by their self-improvement, self-determination and self-accomplishment. We are looking for a head coach that embodies that mission.
We are looking to fill the coaching position for the 2019 summer season that runs from March thru August, with additional strategic meetings and planning that needs to occur outside those periods. The head coach develops and implements all training and practice regimes to yield a fun, competitive swim program that challenges, develops and improves the skills of athletes. Together with the assistant coaches, the head coach is responsible for creating and maintaining a clean and safe environment for all swim team participants. The head coach is expected to attend all swim meets and team functions throughout the year.
- Design and run all practices, tailoring daily workouts to different age groups and abilities as necessary.
- Supervise and mentor a staff of assistant, junior and apprentice coaches
- Set the team lineup for all meets
- Foster a positive team environment that emphasizes good sportsmanship, mutual respect for others, and, above all, having fun.
- Set practice schedules, practice groups, and criteria for advancement from group to group for the entire Sea Devils program. Facilitate individual age appropriate goal setting processes with all swimmers. Work outside scheduled practice may be assigned.
- Have prompt attendance at all scheduled practice and swim meets. It is duty of the swim coach to be present at all swim meets and team functions.
- Minimum 5 years in a competitive coaching experience
- Experience with SwimTopia
- Experience with meet manager
Salary is commensurate with experience and determined by the Board. Potential for added income by managing the swim lesson program.
How to Apply
Please email your resume to [email protected]