Location: South Pasadena, CA, USA
South Pasadena Sea Tigers Swim Club is seeking qualified individuals interested in the head coach position. A successful candidate will demonstrate a strong ability to develop and fine tune stroke technique in swimmers at varying levels and age groups. Candidate must possess strong leadership skills, a positive attitude and passion for teaching the fundamental stroke techniques. Must be a role model for swimmers of all ages and committed to fostering a positive and healthy environment. The head coach will work with a staff of two additional coaches and will report directly to the Board of Directors.
Head Coach Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the swim program – Age Group and Junior/Senior/National programs
- Develop and coordinate an annual training plan for the team inclusive of swim meets, dry land program(s), team building activities, parent communication, and milestones for each group
- Coordinate goal meetings with swimmers and Coaching staff and align coach/swimmer goals for the season
- Mentor age group coaches; Hold regular team and/or Coaches’ meetings and share best practices
- Creative approach to technique improvement; Identify and address stroke flaws
- Strong and motivating presence; energetic pursuit of new and creative teaching ideas and tools
- Monitor overall team and group progress
- Encouraging, positive attitude towards swimmers of all abilities
- Determine meet schedule, attend all scheduled meets and team functions, attend all championship level meets any of your swimmers have qualified for
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with other members of the Coaching staff as well as parents, swimmers and the Board of Directors
- Technical knowledge/experience such as Team Unify’s web/mobile platforms
- Complete swim meet entries in a timely manner via Team Unify and also manage meet information, meet results; coordinate Coaching staff coverage for each meet.
- Coaching responsibilities will start at 4:30pm and end at 7:00pm, Monday – Friday and 8:00 – 10:00am on Saturday (adjusted as needed).
- Attend and participate in monthly Board meetings (as needed)
- Perform other activities as directed by the South Pasadena Sea Tigers Board of Directors.
- Current USA Swimming Coach Member in good standing (background, CPR, First Aid)
- Must be a US citizen or currently eligible to work in the US
- Minimum 3+ years swim coaching experience
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a coaching philosophy statement, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references by email to: [email protected] .
phone: E-Mail Inquiries Only Please