Location: Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area, TX, USA
Lakeside Aquatic Club is currently accepting resumes for the position of Site Head Age Group Coach. The ideal candidate must demonstrate sound knowledge energy system training, advanced stroke mechanics and the ability to positively motivate and teach swimmers ages for 8-14 years old.
Lakeside Aquatic Club (LAC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization focused on bringing all levels of swimming to the area from learn-to-swim programs to national level development. LAC is one of the largest and most successful teams in the state of Texas, with over 1,000 swimmers. Our swimmers are Olympic Trials qualifiers, Paralympic Trials qualifiers, high school state champions, collegiate athletes and NCAA champions. LAC is a USA Swimming Silver Medal Club and has been a two time Gold Medal Club.
LAC currently operates in 5 facilities in 3 areas in NorthEast Tarrant County and Southern Denton County: The Colony, Flower Mound/Lewisville and Keller. Three of LAC’s current facilities are school district owned and operated, two are city owned and operated and LAC has great relationships with all facilities and management. LAC’s programs span from Learn-to-Swim all the way to Masters swimming for adults. All Programs are taught by highly qualified coaches using our proven curriculum that makes transitioning from one level to another seamless and successful.
Essential Job Tasks
- Develop and coach LAC programs as assigned. Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the LAC curriculum.
- Follow a seasonal, weekly, and daily training and practice plan for assigned groups based on the Head Coach’s vision. Maintain an accurate swimmer roster and attendance records.
- Creates smaller workout groups within the larger group for the purpose of providing more challenging workouts to all swimmers in the group
- Creates workout sets designed to develop swimmers for the next group
- Proactively develop and maintain professional relationships with current swimmers through constructive feedback, encouragement, and general interaction.
- Perform responsibilities as assigned in the current LAC Administrative Duties list.
- Communicate professionally with swimmers, parents, and coaches by promptly answering telephone calls and emails according to LAC policies and procedures.
- College Degree
- ASCA Level 4 Certified Coach
- 5-7 years competitive swimming experience
- 5-7 years competitive coaching experience with A and above level swimmers
- Able to communicate and engage all ages in practice and keep them excited about training at a high level.
- Energetic, patient and gives simple instructions.
- Must be able to foster an environment of excellence in swimming through drills, dryland, aerobic/ anaerobic training and racing.
- Understands stroke development and advanced aerobic training for age group and senior swimmers.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency, including email, Internet navigation, Team Unify, Meet Manager and Microsoft Office software.
License and Certification Requirements
- USA Swimming Coach Member (required)
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) member (preferred)
- Valid United States Driver’s License (required)
- Ability to work in the United States (required)
***This position comes with full benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume to [email protected]
How to Apply
Email resume to [email protected]