Date posted: April 13, 2021
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
SAN ANTONIO WAVE is looking for experienced team leaders to serve as Site Directors for our recently added locations. As our sport returns from the protocols of COVID-19, we will be adding 2 new facilities to our program.
Below is a quick description of the position. Interested parties should contact Scott Gainey ([email protected]).
Oversee the operation of their assigned WAVE practice location daily.
Work with Head Coach to achieve seasonal goals for the WAVE.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe practice environment. Report issues to Head Coach.
- Work with Head Coach, to resolve facility issues, including safety, water, and air quality.
- Ensure WAVE equipment is maintained and serviced/replaced, as necessary.
- Responsible for supervision and mentoring of site coaches.
- Assist Head Coach with performance reviews.
- Assist Head Coach with swim meet entry process (verify coach selections).
- Assist in creating and participate team bonding activities.
- Meet with Head Coach (and other Site Directors) regularly to ensure continuity of the WAVE program between multiple pools.
- Schedule and evaluate tryouts for new swimmers.
- Attend swim meets typically as a lead coach.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Head Coach.
- High School Diploma or GED (some college)
- Ability to stand and walk on a pool deck for prolonged periods of time
- USA Swimming Coaching Credentials (current / acquired within 60 days)
- Coaching experience 4+ years of coaching
- ASCA Level 2 or higher certification
- Experience supervising & mentoring staff
- Starting at $18+ per hour* (**depending on experience) @ 25+ hours / weekly
- Possible relocation assistance
- Typical schedule = 3:30p – 8:30pm weekdays (depending on location and need)
- Paid for administration work: (swim meet entries, creating workouts, meetings)
- Additional compensation / schedule opportunities for weekends and swim meets
- Reimbursements: out of town swim meets (mileage and meals)
- We pay for professional memberships (ASCA / USA Swimming / Certifications)
Interested candidates (or inquiries) please contact:
Scott Gainey = [email protected]
How to Apply
Please email resume, references and other supporting documents to Scott Gainey.