Applications due 09/01/19
Location: Pensacola, FL, USA
Position: The Greater Pensacola Aquatic Club (GPAC), a member of USA and Southeastern Swimming, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Site Coach.
Duties: The candidate must be an enthusiastic motivator with a love for the sport who is able to work well with children and be able to communicate well with the swimmers and their parents. Candidate must also be willing to be an integral contributing member of a coaching team and possess strong organizational and communication skills. Candidates must be able to coach within a pre-established training progression for athletes. Other administrative responsibilities will include but are not limited to meet entries, meet operations, day to day office duties, marketing and special projects. The primary coaching duties will be with age group swimmers (PM Practices) however a few practices per week will be as an assistant senior coach (AM practices). Candidates will be on deck between 25 and 30 hours per week and will coach 8-10 practices per week over 6 days.
- Ability to maintain all required USA Swimming coach requirements. (Required)
- College Degree (preferred),
- Competitive Swimming Experience (required),
- Swim Coaching Experience (required), preferably with a USA Swimming or YMCA Swimming team, ASCA level 2 certification (preferred)
- Experience with the TeamUnify platform, Hy-Tek Software, Colorado timing equipment, Microsoft Office Products and Google Drive. (required)
- Driver’s license and automobile for travel. (required)
- Ability to move heavy equipment for swim meet set up or as otherwise required.
Background: GPAC is a parent run non-profit (501c3) organization of 150+ swimmers, based in Pensacola, Florida. Pensacola is located on Northwest Florida’s panhandle and all of our pools are less than 30 minutes to the beach. Florida does not have income tax and Escambia County has a cost of living well below the national average. Along with our competitive swim team we also run a swim school which consists of 70+ swimmers per month, a masters group, swim clinics and summer leagues. Our facilities include one 6 lane 25 yard pool and one 8 lane 50 meter pool both of which are on college campuses. GPAC has been in existence for over 40 years, is a very stable program and has a long history of success. To learn more about the Greater Pensacola Aquatic Club, see our web page at www.gpacswimteam.org
- Pay Range ($33,000 – $38,000) based on ASCA level, degree held, knowledge and experience
- All coaches receive a cell phone stipend and may receive bonuses based on team performance.
- Full time positions offer additional benefits such as health insurance and retirement contributions.
- GPAC will also reimburse for appropriate meet expenses, professional certifications and coaching memberships.
- GPAC provide $1500 for moving
- Total compensation package is between ($41,000 – $46,000)
How to Apply
Submissions will be reviewed upon receipt until the position is filled. All submissions will be held in confidence. Qualified candidates should e-mail the following to CEO, Philip Kraus at [email protected].
- A GPAC application (found on our website under “contacts” then “work for GPAC”)
- A cover letter
- A resume highlighting your experience, qualifications, and references
P.O. Box 30318
Pensacola, FL 32503