Applications due 12/31/18
Location: 2919 North Litchfield Road, Goodyear, AZ, USA
The YMCA Westside Silver Fins are looking for an assistant diving coach to be mentored into taking over the team as the Head Diving Coach. We are looking for an enthusiastic coach with a keen eye for technique and an ability to coach young divers. Applicant must be willing to do travel meets with the team at various times of the year.
1. Instruct participants in the fundamentals of diving.
2. Organizes and administers all assigned responsibilities, including recruiting, record keeping and scheduling.
3. Develops positive relationships with participants and provides motivational support and guidance.
4. Encourages member involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
5. Attends all swim team functions as assigned by supervisor.
6. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
7. Attends staff meetings and training as required.
8. Obtains a substitute instructor when needed.
9. Incorporates the mission, philosophy, and 4 core values of the YMCA in all communication with participants and co-workers.
Prior training and certification as a diver.
Prior documented diving experience.
Interest in working with people and teaching
Ability to meet the physical demands of working outdoors and underwater
18 years of age or older
Possess mature judgment and decision-making.
Ability to communicate effectively with members, peers and supervisor.
Ability to effectively communicate information on YMCA Aquatics Programs.
Must be observant, safety conscious, and able to react calmly and quickly in an emergency.
Certifications needed prior to hire:
CPR Pro, AED, Basic First Aid, Emergency Oxygen, Y-USA Swim and Diving and USA Dive Coach certification
How to Apply
Applicants should send their resume to [email protected]
2919 N Litchfield Rd, Goodyear, AZ 85395