Date posted: May 12, 2020
Location: 40, Woodlands Street 41
- Coach developmental and competitive/elite swim teams.
- Assist with the development and implementation of d competitive swim programs.
- Help to coordinate and implement the day-to-day operations of the co-curricular aquatics program.
- Consult as needed with the development of Preschool to Grade 12 aquatics curriculum.
- Assist and maintain records for age groups and ensure proper pool maintenance.
Key candidate qualities:
- Demonstrate and enthusiastically support the School’s Mission and Values of The Eagle Way: Compassion – Fairness – Honesty – Respect – Responsibility
- Familiarity and experience with Long Term Athlete Development model.
- Performs in a manner that reflects positively on Singapore American School.
- Demonstrates a passion for swimming and hands-on ability and willingness to help our student-athletes reach their maximum potential.
- Employs a positive, inclusive communication and coaching style that develops swimmers and leadership skills.
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, leadership, responsibility, and an appreciation for the importance of academics with student-athletes.
- Inspire confidence and build positive relationships between athletes, coaches, and families to foster a culture of inclusion.
- Advise and counsel swimmers who wish to pursue development opportunities and/or collegiate competition, including writing letters of recommendation, if requested.
- Ability to train and mentor the coaching team.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist with managing and running swim meets.
- Assist with completing all other projects and duties as assigned by the Aquatics Coordinator.
- Maintain rosters, records, and manage meet entries.
- Support the interest of the Associations (IASAS, ACSIS) as defined by the SAS.
- Participate in Aquatics-related research and development for SAS.
- Assist in the delivery of professional development for Aquatics staff.
- Undertake training as required.
- Coach and assist during holiday camps and clinics as required.
- Travel within Singapore and Internationally may be required.
The above job description is only indicative of the broad set of duties and responsibilities. Distribution of tasks is assigned by the supervisor. Other tasks may be assigned on the job, as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree (or similar), from an accredited college or university, or equivalent professional experience.
- FINA Level 2/ASCA Level 5 or equivalent.
- Must have 5-7 years of aquatics experience with at least 5 years of supervisory/leadership experience or 5 years high level head coaching experience.
- Prior success as a competitive swim coach at the club, high school or collegiate level desired.
- American Red Cross First Aid & CPR or equivalent.
- Able to read, write, and perform basic math and should have strong organizational, budgetary, computer (especially TeamUnify Swim Office, Hytek Meet Manager, video software, and Google Suite) skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
Required SAS Health, Safety, and Safeguarding Protocols:
- Ensure that program areas, equipment, and supplies are maintained in an orderly and safe manner.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor or the person responsible for those items at your site.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to managing visitors and guests at our facilities.
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.
How to Apply
Please apply at this link: http://recruit.hirebridge.com/jobseeker2/viewdetailintra.asp?cid=6379&come=IN&joblistid=528894
SAS will only consider applications submitted via the online portal.
Contact Information40, Woodlands Street 41