Applications due 02/01/20
Location: 1 Sunnyside Lane, Orinda, CA, USA
Senior Assistant Swim Coach with Sleepy Hollow Swim and Tennis Club (Orinda, CA)
Sleepy Hollow Swim and Tennis Club (Sleepy Hollow Legends Swim Team) is a highly accomplished recreational swim team in Orinda, CA and competes in the Orinda Moraga Pool Association (OMPA) League. The program has state of the art swimming facilities and a dedicated group of 260+ swimmers. We offer spring clinics (mid-March through mid-April) along with our competitive summer season (mid-April through early August).
We are seeking an experienced Senior Assistant Swim Coach to join the program for the 2020 summer swim season, ideally beginning mid-March to assist with spring training. This role will help lead the age group coaching for the team in the pool, during dry land training and at swim meets. Our team culture prides itself on sportsmanship, team spirit, and proper technique, and we are looking for an individual who shares this passion and is knowledgeable in the 4 competitive strokes.
The candidate will work closely with the Head Coach to deliver high quality practices, dry land training, private lessons, and ensure the swimmers are prepared for the meets.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background as a swim coach and/or competitive swimmer, the ability to engage with swimmers of all levels and ages, experience in teaching stroke progression and a passion for teaching proper technique. An ideal candidate would also have experience and interest in providing private competitive and learn-to-swim lessons during the summer season.
The program offers competitive compensation commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
- Minimum of 3 years coaching experience preferred
- Experience leading age groups workouts with a focus on stroke technique and skill development.
- Good overall organization/management skills
- Ability to lead workouts with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Understanding of stroke progression and teaching dive and turn technique
- Experience working with swimmers ages 4-18 years old.
- A team player with a willingness/eagerness to learn.
In addition to coaching duties:
- Provide individual swim lessons to team members (including learn to swim lessons)
- Understanding of Hy-tek, Team Unify or Google Docs preferred.
- Our season begins April 23 and runs through the beginning of August culminating with the OMPA League Championship meet July 31-August 2nd.
- An ideal candidate is available to coach as follows:
- Summer season (May 31 through August 2nd): Daily AM and limited PM workouts plus swim meets (Wednesday nights, Saturdays and some Sundays)
- Optional but preferred: available to coach during the Spring season (mid-March through May 28th): Daily after school workouts (beginning with clinics mid-March through May 28th).
How to Apply
To apply please send cover letter and resume to
Attn: Swim Directors
Arlene White-Club Manager
1 Sunnyside Lane
Orinda CA 94563