Applications due 04/01/19
Position/Description: Senior Assistant Coach: Works with Senior Head Coach to help create a group that emphasizes team, peak performance and a positive, inclusive culture.
Job duties include:
- The Senior Assistant will work directly with the Senior Head Coach.
- Works with Senior Head Coach to research, design and implement a contemporary Senior program.
- Practice times to include mornings, evenings and some weekends. Approximately 15-20 hours of on-deck coaching.
- Attends all swim meets with Senior swimmers or meets assigned by Senior Head Coach.
- Works with all swimmers and provides daily constructive feedback.
- Uses Mainset for creating practices, maintaining attendance and video of swimmers.
- Assists with meet entry for Senior swimmers.
- Responsible for posting and distributing meet information on the Waves website. This also includes sending in team entries.
- Meets with the Senior Head Coach at a minimum of 1X/week to review training plans.
- Meets with swimmers at the beginning of each season to set goals and is available to meet with parents during conferences and as needed.
- Assists with team hosted events.
- Returns emails/phone calls within 24 hours.
- Helps to document swimming data: dryland, test sets, etc
Compensation: This is a salaried position: $20,000/year.
Includes reimbursement of travel costs and professional development.
Lesson and clinic opportunities available for additional income.
Start Date: April 2019 or sooner if available.
Locations: EGR Community Pool
2211 Lake Drive SE
East Grand Rapids, MI 49506
Requirements: USA Coaching Certification
ASCA level 3 and above preferred
3+ years experience coaching Senior level swimmers with a track
record of performance.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and 3 references to Josh Dolecki (Senior Head Coach) at [email protected]
PO Box 6147
Grand Rapids, MI 49516