Applications due 10/15/20
Date posted: October 6, 2020
Location: 500 Walnut Avenue, Walnut Creek, CA, USA
The Scottsdale Swim Team (the Squids), located in Walnut Creek, CA, is a parent-supported recreational swim team for children ages 4 to 18. The team is a part of Scottsdale Swim & Tennis Club. As a team, we are committed to providing a fun and nurturing environment for swimmers of all abilities where quality instruction and competition are balanced with family-oriented activities and team building.
We are seeking an experienced Head Coach who has a strong understanding of stroke progression for all levels & ages. Our vision is a swim team that promotes teamwork, pride and excellence through training and competition at all ability levels. We believe that a swimmers’ mark of excellence should be determined by their self-improvement, self-determination and self-accomplishment. We are looking for a head coach that embodies that mission.
We are looking to fill the Head Coaching position for the 2021 summer season which runs from April thru August, with additional strategic meetings and planning that may need to occur outside those periods. The Head Coach develops and implements all training and practice regimes to yield a fun, competitive swim program that challenges, develops and improves the skills of athletes. Together with the assistant coaches, the Head Coach is responsible for creating and maintaining a clean and safe environment for all swim team participants. The Head Coach is expected to attend all swim meets and team functions throughout the year.
• Design and run all practices, tailoring daily workouts to different age groups and abilities as necessary.
• Supervise and mentor a staff of assistant and junior coaches.
• Set the team lineup for all meets.
• Foster a positive team environment that emphasizes good sportsmanship, mutual respect for others, and, above all, having fun.
• Have prompt attendance at all scheduled practice and swim meets. It is duty of the swim coach to be present at all swim meets and team functions.
• Competitive Swimming Experience (required)
• Minimum 5 Years of Swim Coaching Experience (required)
• Experience with Meet Manager
• Experience with Team Unify
• Candidates must possess integrity, strong communications skills; and a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential
Salary or hourly pay will vary depending on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Resumes should be submitted to SSC Team Director Mandy Sullivan [email protected]