Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
The San Antonio WAVE is looking for part-time Assistant Coaches.
The San Antonio WAVE currently operates out of 3 locations around San Antonio, Texas.
The locations are: UTSA Campus, Antonian College Preparatory High School, and Smithson Valley High School.
The WAVE is seeking dynamic and team-oriented candidates to help develop positive relationships with swimmers and families while promoting all aspects of a competitive program.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and lead daily practices under the guidance of the supervisors (Site Director or Head Coach)
- Positively promote all WAVE activities, including (but not limited to): swim meets and social events.
- Initiate, develop and maintain positive relationships with swimmers and families
- Create an inviting environment to ensure learning and development of the swimmer
- Have knowledge about WAVE programming structure and procedures
- Respond to or (appropriately direct) member questions in a timely manner
- Willingness to learn Team Unify database / software
- Willingness to travel to any of the WAVE locations (as needs arise)
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisors
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to stand and walk on a pool deck for prolonged periods of time
- USA Swimming Coaching Credentials (we can guide you through this process if not familiar)
- Coaching experience (Summer League, Club, or High School)
- Competitive swim experience
- Swim Lesson teaching experience
- Starting ranges $10 – 15 per hour (depending on experience)
- Typical schedule = 4p – 8pm week days and 2 hours Saturday (depending on location)
- Additional compensation opportunities for swim meets
- Mileage to out of town swim meets, hotel, and meal reimbursements
How to Apply
Please send your resume and/or any communications to Scott Gainey, head coach fo the San Antonio WAVE: