Date posted: August 4, 2022
Location: Reno, Nevada, USA
Reno Aquatic Club – Head Coach
The Reno Aquatic Club (www.RenoAquaticClub.org) located in Reno, Nevada (USA) is seeking a dynamic, motivated, skilled Head Coach for its year round competitive swim program. We are seeking a level 4 or higher Head Coach for our competitive swim club, but may consider the right candidate with a lower ranking. Reno Aquatic Club carries a Bronze Medal through USA Swimming’s Club recognition program and is a competitive swim team with a 49 year history. The team has swimmers from beginning level age group athletes to World Ranked Olympic Trial Qualifiers. The Club trains at different locations in Reno Nevada, including at an outdoor 50-meter pool and at an 8-lane indoor 25-yard pool. RAC is a nonprofit 501c3 organization and is supported by a parent run volunteer board of directors and coaches.
RAC currently has seven training groups: Minis, Blue, Orange, White, Pre-Senior, Senior, and National that train year round. Seasonal groups include and not limited to Sunday Clinics, Spring Clinics and Summer Swim Team. RAC hosts two successful meets. One is a fall Age Group Open, short course at an indoor pool and the second is a summer long course competition. Both are regionally attended.
The individual selected for this full time position needs to be experienced in the day to day operation of a larger swim club, self motivated and organized. The Head Coach is responsible for the day-to-day direction, hands-on guidance, and involvement in all aspects of the swim program, including, but not limited to, exceptional communication skills with parents, swimmers, Board Members and coaching staff. The Head Coach must be a member in good standing in USA swimming. The Head Coach will be involved in setting Club policy, developing and implementing an overall vision and progression for the Club. The Head Coach needs to be instrumental in developing policies to benefit the overall welfare and development of the Club. Must execute Club policy as it pertains to the events, administrative functions assigned, or structural make up of the Club.
-Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications
– Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
– Experience in developing swimmers from entry level age group swimmers to Junior National/U.S. Trials
– ASCA Level 4 Certification
– Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
– Bachelor’s degree
– Proficient computer skills (Team Unify, Team Manager, Meet Manager, Office, Social Media Messaging)
– Basic financial skill set (P&L statements, budget process)
Swimmer and Team Development:
1) Determine the assignment of swimmers to training groups, to include assessments and approval of swimmer advancements.
2) Design and oversee the implementation of the seasonal training plans for all groups.
3) Develop and/or ensure workouts are appropriate for the age group, including dryland training and regular stroke/technique clinics.
4) Develop long-term goals and swim programs to meet these goals including seasonal and weekly training programs and work with swimmers to determine appropriate individual goals.
5) Foster team spirit by exhibiting and maintaining a positive attitude and team building.
6) Provide input to every swimmer in the Head Coach’s group on a daily basis.
7) The Reno Aquatic Club believes “Developing Champions in Life through Excellence in Swimming” and it is important that our Head Coach be actively involved in the recruitment, development and progression of swimmers at all levels of our program.
1) Develop season meet schedule (SCY and LCM).
2) Ensure all swim meets have adequate coaching coverage for all swimmers participating.
3) Prepare meet entries in accordance with meet calendar and entry procedure for each meet.
4) In the event of a travel meet, head coach will work with the assigned group coach and team travel coordinator to create the itinerary and select transportation and lodging as needed.
5) Assist in planning the team travel budget, as needed.
1) Attend all monthly Board of Director Meetings, parent and coaches’ meetings.
2) Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner, including but not limited to, attendance, job reviews, and monthly coach’s report.
3) Complete and file all forms required by USA Swimming, and manage Safe Sport program.
4) Manage and submit team entries when self entries are not available for a swim meet.
5) Maintain current coach’s credentials as required by USA Swimming.
6) Along with the Board of Directors, work with local city and business entities to ensure consistent swim schedule and pool/facility availability.
7) Coordinate with the Board of Directors on schedules, facilities or contracts.
8) Actively support team fundraising activities.
9) Assist the Board of Directors with the development and implementation of the annual budget, propose annual items to be considered for the budget and conduct Club activities in accordance with the parameters of the budget.
1) Responsible for coordinating and scheduling the continuing education for the Head and Assistant Coaches.
2) Will conduct him/herself in a professional manner at all times and in accordance with team and USA Swimming Code of Conduct and Safe Sport.
3) Coordinate with the Board of Directors the hiring or disciplining of assistant coaches.
4) Develop training plan for all coaches, including the development of goals, evaluations, and monthly staff meetings.
5) Ensure assistant coaches are fulfilling their responsibilities as assigned.
1) Communicate effectively to team members with weekly emails/newsletter/website
2) Maintain weekly working hours for outside of the pool,
3) Be exceptional in the application of positive, consistent, and effective motivation strategies when working with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff in relation to all aspects of the program.
The team will be offering a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. The anticipated salary range for the head coach will be starting at $60,000 depending upon the skill set and qualifications of the candidate. The final salary amount, bonus incentives, and any other financial support are yet to be determined. A Nevada advantage is no state income tax.
To apply, interested candidates should send coaching philosophy, resume including job qualifications or accomplishments, and introduction letter electronically to Christine Aramini, [email protected] Application materials will be reviewed as they are received with interviews starting immediately. Once the position is filled, the posting will be removed. If additional information is needed by the applicant the preferred contact method is by email. Anticipated start date of the hired applicant is September 6, 2022.
How to Apply
Email application documents to [email protected]