Location: Reno, NV, USA
Reno Aquatic Club (RENO) located in beautiful Reno, Nevada (USA) is seeking a dynamic, motivated, and skilled Head Age Group Coach for its year-round competitive swim program. Reno Aquatic Club has an impressive 45-year history and has produced American Record Holders, National Champions, multiple Olympic Trials qualifiers, and countless Division I student-athletes. Currently the team has a lot of momentum and is looking for an energetic Head Age Group Coach to help establish RENO as the premier team on the west coast.
The position is tentatively set to begin between November – January of 2019/2020, potentially sooner for the right candidate.
RENO is a nonprofit 501c3 organization and is supported by a parent run volunteer board of directors and coaches.
The City of Reno is an up-and-coming city with amazing outdoor recreational activities. It’s located 45-minutes from Lake Tahoe, several hiking and biking trails are located conveniently in town, and there are 10+ world-class ski resorts within a 90-minute drive. Outside Magazine recently rated Reno as one of the best 12 places to live in the country. Reno’s economy is healthy and several big companies have relocated or opened offices in the area including Amazon, Apple, and Tesla.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience with high-level swimming (as a coach and/or swimmer), energetic, motivated, and has aspirations to be a premier swim coach.
- Successfully pass the USA Swimming and Reno Aquatic Club background checks
- Be compliant with all USA Swimming coach certification requirements
- Adhere to all SafeSport requirements
- Experience with high-level swimming either as a swimmer or coach
- Experience working with children and teenagers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to enthusiastically coach and give feedback to all athletes
- Ability to communicate effectively with swimmers, parents, and coaches
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of age group program, primarily swimmers 8th grade and younger
- Under direction of Head Coach, develop training plans and daily practices for age group program
- Provide effective instruction in technique and developing successful habits for athletic development
- Planning and coordinating recruitment for growth in the swim program
- Building positive relationships with swimmers, parents, staff, and the community
- Responding to inquiries for tryouts and conducting tryouts
- Attend swim meets and staff meetings as directed by Head Coach
- Complete assignments as directed by the Head Coach
The candidate must be available to work evenings, Saturday mornings, and swim meets on the weekend (roughly one a month). Actual off-deck work schedule and responsibilities to be determined through mutual agreement with the Head Coach. In total, the position will require roughly 20-30 hours a week (on and off deck).
The team will be offering competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications. The anticipated compensation range will be $22,000 to $30,000 depending upon the skill set and qualifications of the candidate. Please note: Nevada has NO state income tax. The final compensation, bonus incentives, and any other financial support are to be determined based on qualifications of the candidate.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit résumés and cover letters to Head Coach, Ryan Evans ([email protected]). If additional information is needed by the applicant, the preferred contact method is by email. All applications will be held in confidence. Only applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted.