Applications due 01/01/21
Date posted: November 25, 2020
Location: Boulder, CO, USA
RACE swim team is hiring a part time assistant coach! We are looking for someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about working with young, developmental swimmers to join our coaching staff.
- Lead Pre-Team group practices.
- Our Pre-Team group is our introductory group. Swimmers practice twice a week. Pre-Team learns how to legally swim all 4 competitive strokes, builds a solid kicking foundation, and learns about swimming while having fun!
- Lead Age Group 1 practices.
- Pre-Team feeds into Age Group 1. These swimmers range in ages 7-11 and currently have 3 swim practices and two drylands each week. Age Group 1 focuses on improving technique to become more efficient and maintaining proper technique for longer durations.
- Assist the Head Dryland Coach with all group dryland trainings.
- Sub or assist with other groups as needed. This may include an occasional early morning practices or weekend practices/meets.
- Applicants must have previous experience working with young, developmental swimmers either on a swim team or in group swim lessons.
- Personal swim experience is preferred but not required.
- Applicants must already have or be willing to obtain a USA Swimming Coach certification, including a First Aid/CPR certification.
- Applicants must have a positive attitude, be a team player, possess good communication skills, and have strong leadership skills.
- This position requires 8-10 hours per week. Applicants must be generally available Monday-Friday afternoons in the 4-7pm time frame. Specific schedule details will be discussed upon interview.
How to Apply
Please send an email to Jenn Radford ([email protected]) including a resume and a brief statement of your personal coaching philosophy.