Applications due 05/31/19
Location: 7401 Hwy 100, Nashville, TN, USA
Senior Age Group Coach
ENSW – Ensworth Aquatics
Ensworth Aquatics is seeking a highly motivated, conscientious, nurturing, and energetic coach to fill the role of Senior Coach for our year-round competitive swim team. Selected Coach will be a team player and will also support the age-group coaches and spend time coaching age-group swimmers. ENSW is an institution-owned, coach-managed swim team in Nashville, Tennessee, operating out of the beautiful Ensworth High School natatorium. The ideal candidate will have high energy and a passion for swimming, be charismatic and personable, be knowledgeable about technique and stroke mechanics of the sport and be willing to help drive the club’s growth. This coach will support and carry out the mission of ENSW and the philosophy of our coaching staff. Mission: To foster an environment where excellence is inevitable by inspiring members to use their talents to the fullest, to be people of integrity, and to be contributors to society.
- Development and implementation of the training program for the Senior group level
- Continue to evaluate, refine and actively implement Team’s Coaching Philosophy, Mission, and Vision
- Lead Senior 2 program with the goal of preparing athletes for the Ensworth Aquatics Senior group.
- Provide guidance, feedback and support on training programs for age group swimmers
- On-deck coaching/training of our Senior 2 Group and additional support coaching for age groups as necessary
- In conjunction with dryland coach, develop comprehensive dryland training for Senior 2 athletes
- Attendance, leadership and coaching at swim meets
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Establish and maintain appropriate and timely communications with swimmers, parents, coaches and team administration.
- Ability to work with and maintain professional relationships with our coaches, administrative staff, Ensworth School administration, faculty and staff, visiting coaches and parents.
- Participate in team projects, planning and programs and support team activities, including ENSW-hosted swim meets.
The ideal candidate has:
- Up to date USA Swimming credentials – USA Swimming Registered Coach
- Prefer 4 + years coaching experience (at least 2 + years with a Senior Program)
- Knowledge and ability to teach technique and stroke mechanics
- Knowledge and ability to set up a season and long term training plan
- Lifetime Growth Mindset – Seeking knowledge and experience to grow as a coach
- Ability and willingness to work with all ages and ability levels
- Prefer Experience/knowledge of technology (video, social media, etc)
- Prefer Knowledge of TeamUnify online team management program
- Travel to out of town meets as necessary
- Understand that this position will require working mornings, evenings and weekends
- Must pass a background check with USA Swimming and theEnsworth School and complete the USA Swimming coaching requirements.
- Provide a minimum of 3 references
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (preferred)
Reimbursement for travel and team related expenses with prior approval and proper documentation. Team provides funding for coach educational opportunities with prior approval and proper documentation.
Ideal candidate to start in February 2019.
How to Apply
Email [email protected] with resume, letter of interest and desired salary.
7401 Hwy 100, Nashville TN 37221