Applications due 02/24/18
Location: 4722 North Maroa Avenue, Fresno, CA, USA
Do you have a passion for swimming and living a healthy way of life? We are looking for a passionate Head Swim Coach who enjoys working with youth and will help our members improve their swimming while having fun! Fig Garden Swim & Racquet Club is a member-owned country club which offers its members fitness facilities, fitness classes, swimming in both our recreational pool and lap pool as well as offering year-round tennis. Our club is in the historic “Old Fig” area of Fresno nestled within a beautifully tree-lined neighborhood. Our heated lap pool operates a swim program consisting of the club and swim members. Our Fig Garden Swim Program includes swimmers from ages 5-12. Swimmers practice in the afternoons Monday through Thursday.
The Head Coach reports to the FGSRC Board and is responsible for the operation and development of our club’s swimming program and summer recreation program. The club is looking for an individual who will facilitate a positive & nurturing environment for all athletes. The Head Coach must develop the skills and talents of the team members and coaching staff while promoting teamwork, sportsmanship and encouraging personal development and excellence.
- Plan and oversee practices for all levels. Attend all weekly practices at their scheduled time Monday through Friday.
- Promote swimming in a positive and fun learning environment for all ages.
- Responsible for overall safety of team members and coaching staff.
- Provide the environment to improve team members’ stroke technique, endurance and speed.
- Create development plan for swimmers, helping them set goals and how they will achieve them.
- Oversee assistant coaches and ensure that coaching standards are being met.
- Manage no more than six (6) summer CVRSL swim meets to support swimmers.
- Maintain and promote activities pertaining to the swim team as well as Fig Garden Swim & Racquet Club. This includes social and team building events.
- Recruit, retain and grow the team. This includes increasing member numbers.
- Ensure open and timely communication with swimmers and parents.
- Manage team website.
- Manage team financials and payroll.
- Attend monthly Board Meetings for Fig Garden Swim & Racquet Club and report on the Swim Program and submit brief written updates on the swim program in the Club’s monthly newsletter.
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches Certification
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid, CPR and AED training preferred
- High School Diploma / G.E.D. Equivalency
- Experience working with large groups of children.
- Must be able to communicate with members, management, and staff.
- Proven team management skills.
- Experience and knowledge to manage team financials and payroll.
How to Apply
Compensation is based on a percentage of team revenue. Head Coach will be paid based on how large the team is and how many new swimmers join/retain on the team. Past Coaches have averaged $15,000-$18,000 yearly. Candidates should contact Leanne Monreal – General Manager at Fig Garden Swim & Racquet Club with a Resume and Cover Letter at [email protected]
This position needs to be filled by March 1, 2018 in preparation for the 2018 Spring Session.
Leanne Monreal - General Manager at Fig Garden Swim & Racquet Club
4722 N. Maroa Ave.
Fresno, CA 93704