Date posted: October 2, 2020
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC, USA
Part Time Age Group Lead Coach
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
South Carolina Swim Club
South Carolina Swim Club began in 2016 as a merger of two existing swim teams, the Mount
Pleasant Swim Club (MPSC), and the LTP Racing Club in Mount Pleasant, SC. In Sept. of 2020,
SCSC and the North Charleston Mocs merged to form the SCSC Mocs.
Swimmers train in four pools located in Mount Pleasant and North Charleston, SC. Having both
short-course and long-course pools allows SCSC to train swimmers at all levels, all year round.
Training sites include four facilities, two in Mount Pleasant, and two in North Charleston. Our
newest addition to the SCSC facilities includes a brand new, 25 million dollar, high end competitive
center, that includes a 10 lane, 50m Pool, which also doubles as two 10 lane yard pools with a
bulkhead to split the pools, a digital Scoreboard and an 8 lane warm up/ cool down therapy pool.
The North Charleston Aquatic Center is one of the premier facilities in the south. In addition to
multiple sites, SCSC will host 5-6 meets, each short course season.
SCSC has results from South Carolina State Championships to Summer Nationals. SCSC prides
itself on being a home for swimmers of all levels, where we help to guide swimmers from all
backgrounds and all ability levels to achieve their given goals.
Primary Responsibilities : This position is for a lead group coach as well as an assistant to the lead
coaches for several other groups. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Learning the SCSC training terminology, vocabulary and then being able to apply the
lessons learned into daily practice.
● Learning the SCSC Dryland Program and then being able to effectively lead dryland
● Inspiring, dedicated coach and swimming subject matter expert
● Ability to demonstrate mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior
including punctuality, confidentiality, positive and constructive feedback, and ability to
function in a multi-task environment.
● Ability to meet all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety
Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, Athlete Protection,
Lifeguard, First Aid, Concussion, etc.)
● Must be able to attend all assigned team functions (practices, meets, etc)
● Must be available to travel for clinics, meets, training camps, etc.
● Be able to travel to multiple sites each week, in order to run practices.
● Emphasize proper stroke technique and understand the progression for Age Group and
● Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in a cohesive fashion, so we are able to guide
swimmers throughout the program.
● Manage, observe, and constructively evaluate swimmer performance at practices and meets
to enhance technique and motivation
Minimum Requirements :
● Meet all USA Swimming coaching requirements.
● Must be a US citizen or currently eligible to work in the US.
● Have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
● Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing
such as Social media).
● Be able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential.
● Have previously developed swimmers to Age Group Championships.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications :
● 2-4 years competitive swim coaching experience with a USA Swimming club, and coaching
membership that is in good standing with USA Swimming
● Energetic, patient, constructive, and ability to provide simple instructions
● Demonstrated the ability to work well and communicate effectively with swimmers of all
ages/abilities, coaching staff, and administrators
● Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
● Enthusiasm for continuing coaching education
Salary and Application Requirements :
This is an hourly position which offers approximately 15 hours / week (not including swim meets).
The hourly rate decided upon will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, coaching philosophy statement, resume and
contact information for 3 professional references by email to Head Coach Meredith David at
South Carolina Swim Club
PO Box 882
Mount Pleasant, SC 29465-0882