Location: 1220 Arden Hills Lane, Sacramento, CA, USA
Otters Head Coach
The Otters Head Coach, in accordance with the Aquatics Director, is in charge of overseeing all aspects of establishing, training, competing and managing the swim team, which includes both administrative and actual coaching duties. Work with all coaches to develop, maintain, and implement a safe swim program for all age groups involved, including training and events that are off-site and not at regular schedules times. Able to learn to be able to create and submit meet entries for any meet (home and away) when needed, on time as specified in the NCSL by-laws and dual meet regulations. Able to learn the use of Meet Manager, Team Manager, Team Unify (on deck applications and Touchpad Meet management applications) Word, and Excel software and must use the computer systems. Assist in planning and attend all events related to the swim team, including team registration events, pre-season meetings with parents, clinics, and social events for each age group, monitor and evaluate performance of assistant coaches, swimmer coaches and junior coaches. Accuracy and time management skills are vital. A strong desire to succeed, professionalism, maturity, leadership skills and integrity are necessary. Must be eager to learn, enthusiastic and be a team player.
Reports to / Supervision Received:
Director of Aquatics
- Coach all Otters practices
- Perform Head Coach
- Responsible for keeping attendance
- Coaches at swim practice every weekday.
- Coaches at swim meets on pre-determined weekends.
- Attends team social functions.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required:
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Must have valid CPR and First Aid Certification (through 7/28/2020) or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire.
Minimum Experience required:
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of previous swim team coaching experience. Experience as Head Coach preferred.
- Ability to carry out program vision as set forth by Aquatics Director.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to all clients.
- Ability to communicate with and instruct children ages 3-18.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, resort personnel and other coaches.
- Ability to train, direct and motivate the assistant coaches, swimmer coaches and junior coaches.
- Must have a high level of understanding of the sport of recreational swimming and ability to inspire swimmers to reach their goals.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to swim efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to stay in the water for multiple hours straight.
- Ability to handle cold and wet environments.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required including nights and weekends.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- All candidates will be subject to passing a pre-employment drug screen.
- Opportunity to coach Fall/USA Swim.
- Opportunity to conduct swim lessons.
- Pay is hourly, dependent on experience.
- Ability to start right away preferred
Arden Hills in an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to [email protected]