Applications due 02/01/18
From Rivers to Ocean, the world of open water swimming is expanding. Open Water Planet believes that sport has appeal to a much larger audience from ages 8-98+. Our new Triton Series aims to introduce open water swimming to a more diverse market.
Open Water Planet is the leader in Open Water events in the US with events all over the country open to all ages and experience levels.
Open Water Planet is hiring a Public Relations/Marketing Intern who will work remotely. This public relations intern will be involved in a variety of aspects of marketing and communications.
• Create a branding campaign with direction from our Executive Team.
• Conduct informal focus groups and gather feedback for market research.
• Thoroughly Develop and Pitch story ideas and finalized content to print, broadcast ,and digital media.
• Create and implement a fundraising strategy allowing our participants to raise money for causes close to open water.
• Utilize social media and newsletters and develop strategies for web-based messaging.
• Assist with Open Water Planet participant advocacy efforts (drowning prevention, Open Water Safety, Wounded Warrior).
• Take on assignments as needed.
Details- This is an unpaid internship, although college credit may available if your institution accepts. The internship should be a minimum of 16-hours per week for 12-weeks. Must meet weekly deadlines and be available for weekly executive planning calls .
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover page explaining your background and interest to: [email protected]