Applications due 09/20/19
Location: 280 Central Avenue, Fredonia, NY, USA
Men’s and Women’s Dive Coach
- Men’s and Women’s Dive Coach
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive compensation plus comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, and vision insurance and retirement plan options including a fixed pension plan or a 401(A) with generous employer contributions;
- Paid leave provisions including vacation, sick and holiday leave; impressive educational benefits including tuition-free study plus supplemental tuition aid;
- A rich array of services, programs and benefits to help employees advance in their career and enhance the quality of their personal life, including professional development programs and services, employee EAP and wellness programs, discounted membership to the on-campus fitness center, and access to the Campus and Community Child Care Center.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics and the Head Coach for Swimming and Diving, the dive coach will discharge the following responsibilities:
- Oversee aspects of competitive Division III Diving programs. This will include practice and meet coaching, recruiting, and some travel planning associated with the program.
- Mentor and coach student-athletes and assist student-athletes in the development of sport-specific/event-specific skills and an understanding of strategies necessary to succeed.
- Participate in committees and provide service to the Department, University, and Profession.
- Bachelor’s Degree and past diving/coaching experience required
- Minimum 2 seasons of coaching diving or diving experience as a student-athlete in collegiate competition
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to travel and work a flexible schedule
- Demonstrated ability to work with student employees
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the needs of diverse faculty, staff, students, and university community
- Willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues for program growth and enhancement
- Possess current CPR/AED and First Aid Certification or ability to immediately obtain
- Valid state driver’s license
- Master’s Degree
- Collegiate success, both coaching and competing, in 1m and 3m boards
- Previous coaching experience in 1m and 3m boards
This is a part-time, ten-month, term-appointed, position. The start date will be negotiated with the final candidate and will start no later than October 1, 2019. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Fredonia prides itself on an outstanding workforce. To continually support organizational excellence, the university conducts background screens on applicants.
An Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Fredonia provides for, and promotes, equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment, without discrimination.
Pursuant to University policy, the University is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, or domestic violence victim status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law,or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
The University’s policy is in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting unlawful discrimination and harassment. These laws include the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as Amended by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972, and the New York State Human Rights Law. These laws prohibit discrimination and harassment, including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected].
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall apply and submit the required documents listed below by clicking on the APPLY NOW button. Complete applications received by September 13, 2019 will be given full consideration. Names and contact information for three professional references are required as part of the application.
- Cover Letter
Note: After submitting your Resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload the additional, required documents.
Astrid EscobarSUNY Fredonia
116 Dods Hall
Fredonia, NY 14063