Location: 604 East College Avenue, North Manchester, IN, USA
Position overview: The Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving assistant coach is responsible for assisting the Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving head coach in leading a successful Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving program at Manchester University. This will include assisting in managing all aspects of coaching, eligibility, recruitment, retention, budget, and scheduling. The Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving assistant coach is also responsible for assisting the Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving head coach in fundraising for the Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving program, instructing ESAT courses as needed up to two hours per academic year, and Game Day management assignments. For a full list of job functions, please visit our website.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, progress toward bachelor’s degree required
- Coaching and/or playing experience preferred
- Experience in NCAA Division III athletics preferred, as a coach or student-athlete
- Successful completion of the NCAA Division III Rules Test
- CPR/AED First Aid Certification required (available on-site)
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Willingness to enhance professional growth by attending clinics and workshops as well as belonging to national and state coaching associations
- Ability to represent the Athletic Department in an appropriate and professional manner at all times
- Ability to abide by the rules for the sport of the NCAA, HCAC, and Manchester University at all times
- Ability to attend athletic staff meetings, mandatory student-athlete programs, admissions events, sports banquets and athletic fundraising activities
- Ability to flex communication style to multiple cultural environments
Work schedule: This is a full-time, 12 month, exempt position. Travel is required and includes flexible work hours, especially in-season. M-F with weekends required.
How to Apply
To apply: Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Apply online via ADP and upload a cover letter and resume with your completed employment application. Questions can be emailed to Jenny Steele, employment coordinator.