Date posted: July 20, 2022
Location: Baton Rouge, LA, USA
The LSU Tigers seek a volunteer assistant swimming coach to help with supporting our team as people, students, and athletes. The volunteer assistant will support the team’s international and domestic performance objectives and assist the coaching staff with the implementation of on-deck and off-deck duties. The ideal candidate will support the culture and goals of our team with the emphasis on comprehensive excellence while embracing our team concept of STUDENT/ATHLETE.
The volunteer assistant coach will have the opportunity to work with the undergraduate student-athletes at LSU which include SEC & NCAA Champions, NCAA & World Record holders, and Olympic Gold medalists. One of the goals of LSU Swimming is to develop all swimmers within the program to maximize their potential and be the best they can be. Specific responsibilities will be determined based on the needs of the coaching staff, and the team as well as the strengths and skills of the volunteer assistant. The successful candidate will ensure compliance with NCAA, SEC, and institutional rules and regulations pertaining to the Swimming program
Opportunities will be available for supplemental income through camps, coaching the local USA Swimming Club program, and summer league teams. This potential income will vary based on the coach’s desire and interest in these additional jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are needed to develop and maintain positive, respectful relationships with student-athletes
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in collegiate competition is preferred
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members and support staff within LSU Athletics and the University community
- Successfully pass a background check
How to Apply
Please send resumes to Rick Bishop LSU Swimming Head Coach at [email protected]