Come join our fantastic pool staff! We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic, and mature individuals to serve as lifeguards. The safety of our members is always on our minds. Help us keep them safe and sound!
Openers: 4:45am-10am OR 4:45am-12pm
Mid Day: 10am-3pm OR 10am-5pm
Closers: 3pm-10pm OR 5pm-10pm
Weekends: 6am-12pm OR 12pm-7pm
- Must be 15 years old or older.
- Current Lifeguard, First Aid and CPR Training Preferred (Ellis Lifeguard Training is available through your local YGBW branch.)
- Up to 4 hours of additional training required EVERY month.
- Must be reliable.
- Must be a team player.
- Fun, fast-paced work environment.
- Making a difference in someone’s life every day!
- Free individual membership with completion of New Employee Orientation. Membership only valid with active employment.
- 15 Years of age or older
- Demonstrate ability to relate to children and adults
- Be able to perform freestyle and backstroke
- Obtain CPR certification, First Aid, Clearances, Blood borne Pathogen training and any other training necessary to comply with YMCA aquatic standards of excellence
- Lead swim instruction to develop skills of participants
- Ensure safety of all class participants
- Communicate positively and accurately to parents
- Assist in setting up and cleaning up pool deck
- Evaluate participant’s swim ability at the end of each session to determine placement for the next session
- Great work environment!
- Wonderful Members!
- Free individual or discounted family YMCA membership with completion of new employee orientation; membership valid only while actively employed
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://www.ymcagbw.org/careers OR follow these direct links:
Swim Lesson Instructors: https://www.ymcagbw.org/careers?ATSPopupJob=40251
Jazmyn Hudson-Human Resource Coordinator
phone: 610-431-9622 ext. 2205