Applications due 11/15/17
Chesterfield YMCA has an immediate opening for Lifeguards
PURPOSE OF POSITION
In accordance with the Christian principles of the YMCA, the incumbent will take authority to ensure the safety and welfare of all participants in and around the pool. He/she will exemplify the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Interpret and enforce pool rules and policies to ensure safety of all participants and swimmers.
- Execute emergency procedures as needed.
- Promote the YMCA swimming programs.
- Lock and secure all pool doors when pool is closed.
- Keep accurate records as required, e.g. incident reports, daily checklist.
- Take responsibility to close pool when necessary for weather or fecal incidents.
- Perform all duties with honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, and faith.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is attentive and alert at all times while on duty.
- Responds to any situation promptly; uses appropriate emergency procedures; provides appropriate care.
- Promptly records and reports any incident on accident report form.
- Attends all scheduled in-services.
- Enforces pool rules at all times.
- Completes all paperwork on time, e.g. daily checklists.
- Takes responsibility to maintain all certifications.
- Follows YMCA of Greater St. Louis uniform policy, swimsuit, YMCA guard shirt, badge, whistle, (no iPods, headphones, cell phones, etc.)
- Provides quality service with honesty, caring, respect, responsibility and faith.
Education: Completion of middle school.
Special skills, Licenses, Certifications or Equipment:
Currently certified in YMCA Lifeguard or Red Cross Lifeguard with CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, Oxygen Administration and First Aid. Must crossover to YMCA Lifeguard or attain certifications within 30 days.
How to Apply
326 S 21st Suite 400