Location: 72 Spring St, Danvers, MA 01923, USA
EAGLES/EDGE is the auxiliary programs of St. John’s Prep in Danvers, MA. St. John’s Prep is an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12. Founded on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust and zeal, we educate students to be, do and stand for good in the world. We enroll 1,500 students from more than 60 communities.
• Perform primary and secondary lifeguard responsibilities during normal operation hours of the John A. Driscoll ’90 Aquatic Center at St. John’s.
• Maintain the safety of all individuals in and around the pool.
• Open and/or close pool facility. We are especially looking for guards who can work roughly 5:30 am to 8 am during the school year.
• Communicate and enforce all regulations and pool rules in a personable and professional manner.
• Communicate any potentially dangerous elements of the facility.
• Test the water, record, and report imbalances to the supervisor.
• Set up the pool for various activities such as laps, classes, etc.
• Be able to respond to an emergency and contact/activate EMS.
• ARC Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid Certification required. WSI preferred but not required. Minimum one year of lifeguard experience preferred.
• Excellent organizational, team, and communication skills.
• Minimum age of 16 years old.
• Physical ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, résumé, certifications, and three professional references (with names, addresses and telephone numbers) to Tracii Schaeublin, Director of Human Resources/Controller, at [email protected]. Please, no phone calls.