Applications due 08/31/19
Location: 1851 Lexington Avenue, San Mateo, CA, USA
Lead Competitive Coach and Lesson Coordinator
The Highlands Dolphins Aquatic Club (https://www.teamunify.com/cahdac) located in the Highlands of San Mateo, California is hiring a Lead Competitive Coach, this position can either be part time or full time depending on the applicant availability and experience.
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Supervisor, create a positive swim team setting. The lead coach will teach the fundamentals of competitive swimming in a positive environment and provide instruction and guidance during training sessions. The Lead Competitive Coach is responsible for directing all aspects of swim team development including recruiting, administration, teaching and supervising students of all ages and abilities within the swim team program. Must be able to exercise judgment and initiative.
- Plan and develop competitive swim program.
- Plan and develop engaging and level appropriate workouts.
- Develop and communicate team vision and goals.
- Maintain supervision of swim team at all times.
- Perform administrative duties for the team.
- Maintain attendance records and logs.
- Manage Team Unify website and database.
- Monitor and track all payments.
- Prevent accidents through the enforcement of policies, rules, regulations, and ordinances governing the conduct of patrons in the pool area.
- Maintains order, anticipate hazardous situations, and take steps to prevent them.
- Perform rescues and administer first aid/CPR as necessary.
- Use proper rescue equipment and techniques.
- Assist in the overall operations of the pool; including opening and closing.
- Maintain a clean and debris free pool, pool area, and locker room facilities.
- Maintain positive, professional, and polite public relations.
- Attend staff meetings and training.
- Help provide an atmosphere for developing good morale and well-being among the HRD community.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities:
- American Red Cross Lifeguard training, general lifeguard techniques.
- Coaching and or competitive swimming experience.
- Able to perform a rescue, give CPR and First Aid as appropriate
- Able to provide in water instruction.
- Able to provide constructive feedback and instruction to swimmers in all level.
- Ability to be reliable, punctual, approachable and dedicated to the Dolphins swim team.
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches
- Current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
- USA Swimming Required Certifications and Background Checks.
Coaching Position:: This part time position (.6FTE) joins our dedicated supervisory staff and reports to the Aquatics Supervisor. The individual selected for this position must have swim coach experience. The recommended hours for this position are 3:30-8:00pm Monday-Friday. The coach is also expected to attend one swim meet per month.
Lead Coach & Lessons Coordination: This position can also be elevated to a full time, benefited position with additional income from lifeguarding and teaching swim lessons.
The pay range for this coaching position is $22-35/hour (Coaching only) or $50,000-60,000 per year (Coach and Coordinator), depending on experience.
The District also provides:
Retirement: Simple IRA with District matching contribution of up to 3%, once eligible.
The Aquatics Facility: Our Rec Center has a 6-lane, 25-yard pool, a diving well and a baby pool. Our pool is operated year-round, thanks to a dome that covers the pool from November through March. We have a well-established swim lesson program, lifeguard training classes and adult aquatic wellness classes.
How to Apply
The Application Process
Applicants must apply through the Paylocity site. The employment application is available at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/List/4414/Highlands-Recreation-District
Please feel free to contact Aquatics Supervisor, Caleb Fenner by email [email protected] or by phone (650) 341-4251 with any questions. More information about the Highlands Recreation District can be found at www.highlandsrec.ca.gov
1851 Lexington Ave, San Mateo, Ca 94402