Applications due 08/10/19
Location: 1699 Deerfield Road, Lebanon, OH, USA
Head Age Group Coach / Competitive Swimming (posted July 18, 2019)
- Reports to: Jason Roberts
- Hours and Days: This is an hourly position with varied hours which include evenings and weekends.
- Job Summary: This position is responsible for directing a Countryside YMCA Age Group 11&over within the guidelines established by the Director of Competitive Swimming. The primary objective of the Age Group Program is to prepare each athlete to meet his/her potential as athletes and to promote the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith. Essential functions of this position require excellent communication skills, personal organization, extensive knowledge of stroke technique and the Torpedoes common language, knowledge of aerobic development, ability to set near- and long-term club goals, and self-image development.
- SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong working knowledge of Team Unify
- Working knowledge of Timing System Setup and Operation
- Knowledge and understanding of swimmer equipment (ie.stretch cordz, reaction system, underwater camera etc.)
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Self starter
- Five years working within a competitive swimming program.
- Performance Achievement Criteria – Proven track record of two or more of the following encouraged: YMCA National qualifiers, Age Group National Top 20, Team Record Holders, USA Zone Qualifiers, USA Sectional or Higher Qualifiers.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and pass a background check pre-hire
- Within 30 days of start date must attend and complete Changing Lives – New YMCA Employee Orientation and 0nline training modules for Child Abuse Recognition and Prevention and Harassment at the Y
- Completion of YMCA program-specific and trainer certifications.
- YMCA Lifeguard certification; CPR; First Aid; AED; Blood-borne Pathogens.
- YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving; YMCA Swim Coach Certification
- Minimum ASCA Level 3 Coach
- Ability to obtain a USA Swimming membership and pass all safe sport requirements within 30 days.
- Position availability: August 2019
How to Apply
- To apply: Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Head Coach Jason Roberts
1699 Deerfield Road