DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Lead Age Group Swim Coach is a full time position. This position is responsible for coaching, helping with pool maintenance and chemicals, teaching private swim lessons, conducting swim camp and overseeing the master’s swim program. As a coach, this individual will be able to work with young swimmers new to the sport up to high level swimmers capable of medaling at state meets or getting Zone or Sectional cuts. Additionally, the Lead Age Group Swim Coach monitors activities at the pool to prevent accidents, rescues swimmers in danger of drowning, cautions swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards, maintain order in the pool and adjoining areas, administers first aid when needed.
- Provides direction, motivation and skill development to swim team participants
- Regularly offers positive enforcement and encouragement to participants and/or parents
- Conducts IM based practice, working on all strokes for all swimmers age 14 and younger.
- Works with swimmers ranging in USA “B” times to USA “AAA” times, with ages ranging from 7 to 14.
- Covers the Head Coach’s SR and Pre-SR groups as needed and work alongside the Head Coach with the SR group swimmers on a daily basis
- Helps with morning Masters swim and morning SR practice
- Is the Head Summer recreational coach and oversees the other summer recreational coaches from the end of May through mid-July
- Teaches private swim lessons
- Conducts swim camp
- Spends 85-95% of the time at the pool and swim meets
- Plans for and/or assist in planning practice drills
- Maintains a professional appearance, attitude and the highest levels of customer service at all times
- Must be able to attend most/all scheduled swim meets
- Maintains regular communications with Aquatics Manager about upcoming meets or events and the needs of the swim team
- Responsible for making practices schedules for each level
- Helps with pool tarps as needed
- Maintains a safe working environment
- Reports all unsafe activity and conditions
- Other duties assigned by Aquatics Manager and Head Swim Coach
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
Education: Associates or Bachelor’s degree
Certifications (must have or be able to obtain within 90 days of employment):
- Current Starguard Lifeguard certification
- Current USA Swim Coach certification
- CPO (certified pool operator) certification
- CPR and First Aid certifications
Experience: At least three (3) years of swim coach experience
Skill sets needed: Must have aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required in for this position.
Hours: Schedule is flexible and variable within our 7 day work week working mornings, afternoons, and evenings; some holidays, hours/schedules may vary based on needs and swim meets
A valid driver license and clean driving record is required
Work location: Anthem Community Center – Lap Pool, 41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem
A Benefits package with insurance coverage, paid time off and a 401(k) plan is available to eligible full time employees. ACC employees may use Anthem’s Community Center, tennis courts, Aquatics Park with heated pool and Community Park as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced prices, and in some cases at no cost, with only a few exceptions.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.onlineatanthem.com/job_opportunities/index.php and complete the online application along with your resume.
3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite 201, Anthem, AZ 85086