Applications due 09/30/16
The City of Mobile Swim Association (CMSA) is seeking an energetic and passionate full time Age Group coach.
City of Mobile Swim Association is a board run non-profit team that is part of the Southeastern LSC. We are located in Mobile, AL, just 50 miles from the beautiful beaches of Gulf Shores, AL. We are a Silver Medal, 125+ member competitive team with swimmers ranging from the age group level swimmer to the Olympic Trials level. We operate at multiple sites, including a 50 meter indoor pool, an indoor 25 yard pool, and an outdoor 25 yard pool throughout the year.
This position will report directly to the Head Coach. This position will be the lead coach with our Age Group Elite and Age Group I-III swimmers.
Duties and responsibilities will be but not limited to:
1) Work with the Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach to develop an age group program that will create and foster a swimmer’s progression for long term success
2) Create a training plan for their groups and oversee plan development of other groups training plan within the age group program
3) Supervise and oversee assistant coaches within age group program
4) Help maintain teams database, meet entries, and communications through Team Unify system
5) Assist the Head Coach in organizing and running parent education meetings
6) Attend and participate at LSC meetings on a regular basis as needed.
We are seeking applicants with at least a Bachelor’s degree. An ASCA level 2 certification at minimum is desired. The applicant must have at least 2 years experience and a proven record of successful age group coaching. The applicant must be familiar with Meet Manager, Team Manager, and Team Unify programs and possess excellent organizational and communication skills, be able to create strong and positive relationships with their swimmers and the parents as well as an enthusiastic desire to learn and improve as a coach. Each applicant must be currently registered and in good standing with USA swimming and have all certifications current.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
All interested applicants should send a resume and 3 references to Head Coach Greg Davis ([email protected])
This position will remain open until it is filled. The preferred start date is September 6th.
To learn more about the City of Mobile Swim Association please visit our team’s website at www.swimcmsa.com
How to Apply
Email resume, cover letter and three references to [email protected]
phone: (251) 442-8065