Applications due 10/31/22
Date posted: August 3, 2022
Location: Kingwood, Houston, TX, USA
Blue Tide Aquatics (BTA) is a USA Swimming Silver Medal club located in beautiful Kingwood, Texas. Our growing team of 260 athletes trains at three sites: Kingwood High School (8 lanes, 25 yards), Kingwood Park High School (8 lanes, 25 yards) and our own BTA pool (6 lanes, 25 meters).
BTA is seeking two motivated and experienced coaches to lead (and assist) with groups for the 2022-2023 season. They will work with the Head Coach and other Lead Coaches to teach young athletes proper movement patterns as well as to develop their overall skill competency and strength. This will be the priority for both roles.
- Lead coach for BTA’s top 9-10 year old athletes and will assist with our top 13-14 year old athletes.
- Lead coach for BTA’s top 11-12 year old athletes and will assist with our National level training group.
The successful candidates will be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and responsive to feedback. Priority will be given to those traits as well as their proven track record of achievement in developing young athletes.
- Lead or assist with practices on weekday afternoons/evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Assist in the development of the Age Group Programs in coordination with the other coaches.
- Coach with energy, passion, and engagement.
- Attend team events, swim meets and fundraising activities
- Administrative duties required within role as well as other responsibilities based on skills/strengths.
- Any other job duties, as assigned, from the Head Coach.
Qualifications & Preferences
- Minimum of 2 years coaching experience required for full-time positions. Prior competitive swimming experience preferred.
- Strong stroke technique background.
- Proficiency in running multi-level workouts for athletes with varying skill/experience levels.
- Patience and ability to have fun while teaching both younger and older swimmers.
- Maintain all coach and safety certifications. Member in good standing with LSC and USA Swimming.
Compensation and Benefits
These positions are both full-time. BTA offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, as well as paid vacation time and financial support for professional development.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a resume to Chris Collier at: [email protected]