Applications due 05/15/19
Location: 6501 Antioch Rd, Merriam, KS 66204
Johnson County Park and Recreation District seeks an energetic competitive head swim coach to join our team! This position:
- Provides leadership, management, long-range planning, and vision for the Kansas City Blazers Swim Team.
- Designs, administers, and implements a comprehensive, progressive competitive swim program meeting the needs of novice, competitive, and elite athletes.
- Hires, trains, and supervises head site coaches, ensuring all programs are implemented in a safe and effective fashion.
- Sets detailed development plan for coaches, including both coaching and relationship building skills.
- Sets detailed practice schedules, arranging aquatic facility rentals as needed.
- Sets detailed development plan for athletes of all skill levels, ensuring all site coaches adhere to and implement the plan to ensure athlete development.
- Is responsible for ensuring adherence to USA Swimming Safe Sport guidelines.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with athlete parents, community organizations, school districts, and other swim groups to ensure productive partnerships are formed and maintained at a level of excellence.
- Develops public relations and communication plan to promote the value of the Blazers organization.
- Works directly with Blazers parent board to ensure budget and membership goals are met, including fund-raising commitments, corporate sponsorships, meet sponsorships, and community volunteering.
- Develops a 3-year forecast, addressing financials and membership numbers, updating the parent board quarterly.
- Develops, monitors, and manages Blazers budget, ensuring staff are following appropriate expenditure guidelines as well as all policies and proceduresQualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Sports Management, or related field. Experience may be substituted for degree.
- Required – 4 years head coaching experience.
Required Skills: Ability to create collaborative partnerships within the regional swimming community. Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to supervise and lead staff to provide excellent customer service. Attention to detail in formulating practice schedules, budgets, and development plans. Project management skills to ensure membership and budget goals are met. Knowledge of swimming stroke and turning mechanics.
How to Apply
Email resume to: [email protected] or apply online at jcprd.com
Johnson County Park & Recreation District
Attention: Susan Scanlon
7900 Renner Rd
Shawnee Mission, KS 66219