Applications due 10/14/17
The boys swimming program head, reporting to the director of athletics, will join an athletics program that includes 20 varsity teams, many of which have both sub-varsity teams. The program head is directly responsible for the coaching of the varsity team and management of the overall boys swim program.
These duties are representative and the omission of a specific duty does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Demonstrate a passion for coaching and swimming in particular.
- Communicating a clear vision for the boys swim program.
- Selecting, developing and forming a diverse coaching staff.
- Leading and supervising all levels of teams and phases of the program.
- Collaborating and strategizing with Athletic Director and other Program Heads on ways to further enhance, develop, and promote athletic programs.
- Seeking continuing education opportunities in your sport e.g. clinics, attending college practices, working camps
- Provide oversight of the program budget.
- Maintain compliance with all Seattle Preparatory School, Metro League, and WIAA policies and procedures.
Requirements and Qualification
Successful candidates must be 21 years of age, possess a valid Washington State driver’s license, be available for all practices and competitions during the winter season, and be available for regular meetings and other activities year-round. Experience coaching at the club, high school or college level is required. Additionally, candidates must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check and must possess or obtain prior to the start of their season current First Aid and CPR certifications.
Seattle Preparatory School is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking to diversify its workplace.
How to Apply
Application Procedure: To apply please send current letter of interest, resume and three professional/coaching related references to: Athletic Director Brian Elsner’s email: [email protected]
2400 11th Ave E